LINGENFELTER ZR1 TWIN TURBO RUNS 9.5 @150

Mike Brunton

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi EuG,

It's not a secret or anything
smile.gif

My first ever car was a '88 Corvette, and I always had a soft spot for them. A guy on the Vette CF was selling his '88 and it needed work. I figured I could buy it, and since I'd do alot of work to it anyways, it would be no problem.

So, I gutted the crappy worn out interior and replaced it with brand new parts. On the driveline side, I have a GM 4L80E (the 4L60's big brother) going in. I got a GM Rocket block that will hold a 400cid motor. The valvetrain is super lightweight and strong and built to take upwards of 7,000RPM. Have pro-mod pistons and rods going in, forged crank, good bearings, studs, etc. It will run on a speedpro computer, and have two Precision 60mm turbos. The compression is 8.3:1, and it should be good for running upwards of 22lbs of boost. 20-22 should be doable on pump gas. This should make close to 1,000hp at the rear wheels. If I crank up the boost a little bit to 25lbs or thereabouts so with race gas, it should make another 100-200hp.

The problem is going to be putting any of that power down. It's bascially a copy of John Meaney's car - I did alot of reasearch and he picked the best components, so why mess with something that works? He is running low 10's, but is MPH is 165 in the 1/4 - which is just insane. He is running from the 1/8 to the finish in 3.0 seconds flat - which is pro-mod territory.

All of us New England guys have been talking about coming down and putting a hurtin' on the New York/Jersey guys at Englishtown sometime... so maybe you'll get to see it in person or go for a ride?
smile.gif

SW

Enthusiast
Reaction score
SW,

You're not too good at trash talking, so rather than have you be my designated sh*t-talker after I school you, I'll just assign you to polishing my rims and taking my car to get gassed up (assuming you can handle it).

Mike, I wasn't trash talking, just pointing out facts. I leave the polishing of your .... up to you, I'm sure your good at that. Please let me and Norm know whenever you get something actually fast... we are always ready. We HAVE cars that are fast NOW and others in the works. Just make sure that Vette will run atleast 230 mph with the automatic, you will need it.

SW

Mike Brunton

Enthusiast
Reaction score
SW... what does that stand for, silly wabbit? That's what I'm gonna call ya from now on!

So, anyways, silly wabbit...230mph huh? I'm not much for the top end runs, but I'll gladly go 1/4 with you. I've...ermm... "been in trouble" before for high speeds on the street, and I've grown out of that now.

I'm running low 10's now, but I don't want to run close - I want to win. I'll be sure to keep you posted on how it goes. Until then, Wabbit, just keep on prancing around thinking life is great - don't pay any attention to the fox stalking you
laugh.gif

SW

Enthusiast
Reaction score
SW... what does that stand for, silly wabbit? That's what I'm gonna call ya from now on!
So, anyways, silly wabbit...230mph huh? I'm not much for the top end runs, but I'll gladly go 1/4 with you. I've...ermm... "been in trouble" before for high speeds on the street, and I've grown out of that now.

You must have a complex, name calling?? You really don't know what your starting here do you? I understand if you don't have the balls to go fast and can't drive a stick, no problem, just let me know when your dream car is ready, 1/4, top end, or preferably a road course. I'll pick one without any bridges, for you.

SW

OP
OP
T

TX WHOS YOUR DADDY

Enthusiast
Reaction score
MIKE BURTON,BUDDY THE ONLY RABBIT THAT U KNOW IS THE ONE YOU WILL NEED TO PULL OUT OF YOUR HAT AND HOPE ITS THE LUCKY ONE TO HELP U WIN.I GOT ONE FOR U NOW.HOW ABOUT MIKE B THE BIG BAD WOLF?ILL HUFF AND ILL PUFF AND ILL BLOW YOUR HOUSE DOWN.WE ALL KNOW THAT THE HOUSE NEVER CAME DOWN.WHATS UP WITH THAT MIKE?MEMO TO S.W. REAL MEN KNOW THIER LIMITATIONS AND ADJUST THIER GAME PLAN ACCORDINGLY........JUST FOOD FOR THOUGHT....SOMETHING TO THINK ABOUT.REGARDS! CAPS KOERNER

Tom and Vipers

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Usually when you mod a car, it loses value.

I wonder if there is a threshold above which you actually add value and could sell the turnkey car and actually make money or a living at it?

I know what Hennesey wanted for the TT job was more than what he sold the car on eBay for - of course, it wasn't that fast....

But man, are these cars fassssssst!

So what's next after you have a 160 mph daily driver?

Fly F15's?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Javadog62