List of tools/supplies to carry in the hatch for a roadtrip?

Detlef

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Any thoughts around what type of tools (sizes as well) and supplies I should keep in the GTS for roadtrips? Set of metric/US wrenches, pliers, duct tape, etc ... Enlighten me please.

Ulysses

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've always got a small set of sockets in 1/4" and 3/8" with wrenches, a 1/2" breaker bar, 19mm 1/2" socket, long extension 1/2", one #2 long flat blade screw driver, one long philips, a portable air pump (cigarette lighter type). A few rags, a light weight jack, a few cotton towels, window cleaner and some kind of detailer spray, california car duster.

But this is usually for a long road trip.

Joseph Dell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can of fix-a-flat. you just never know if you'll need it. Jumper cables. And a handgun. But some states take a dim view of that... but I'd rather be tried by 12 than carried by 6.

JD

AviP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
1/4" and 3/8" drive set
screwdriver set
plier
fuses
flashlight
oil (filter optional)
coolant
fix-a-flat
12V air pump
duct tape
blanket(s)
cellphone
service manual

Got_Vnum

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Don't forget the fire extinguisher, keep it in the passenger area for quick access, I have mine velcroed to the passenger floormat, work gloves, and perhaps a 5-gallon gas container if you have any room left.

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
...and a 1200 peak amp booster pack...weighs a ton, but has saved MANY Vipers over the years...and, no blown PCM from jumper cables (rare, but it CAN happen) !!

GTS Bruce

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Never leave home without it.I will apologize,back away,run away from any conflict.Help a robber out if ordered to.However I will not allow my wife or myself to be assaulted,beaten,*****.Money and property are replacable.Well being and life are not. Bruce

AviP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dallas to Cincinnati: didn't even have a spare. Hey, it's not a Ferrari.
Yeah, but you've got a 2002. I did 6500 mi to VOI5 and didn't carry any tools but my 97 was 2 years old at that time. Would I do the same now? Definitely not, it's 7 years old now!

Mike Adams

Enthusiast
Reaction score
tire pressure guage, bottle of oil, 99 pc craftsman ratchet set, check you tire pressures including your spare Before you leave and every morning to detect any leaks before you blow a tire. A booster pack is always a good idea. These cars are very reliable so you always bring a can of Woop A$$ you'll never know when you need to use it !!!

Happy motoring

Joseph Houss

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
I've always been told duct tape always comes in handy