Locked keys in 2004

ShadowLight

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I locked the keys in my 2004. I do have the trunk open still if that helps. What are my options? Are there any tricks? Or am I heading down to the dealer to get a second set made?

BlknBlu

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There is a trick to get in, but I am not sure what it is. It has been mentioned on here but not wriiten down on a public forum.

Bruce

Tom Sessions

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you locked them in the trunk I could help you out. But cant help you get into the car. You can try unhooking the battery and then hooking it back up and see if you can open the door then. Not sure if it will reset the alarm module but worth a try since you can get to the battery

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
I hope that Tom's solution works for you. 03-06 locked vert is not an easy problem...short of the above mentioned new key. If you do need to go the new key route, be sure to lube the lock before you use it...also, remember to push on the rear of the door with you hip while turning the key and pushing down on door latch.

Good luck, and please post outcome.

intense5.5

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How about trying to pull the lock button, or hook the keys and pull them out with a coat hanger? Never met a car I could'nt get in (no,I don't steal cars, I used to help out at a friends' towing company).

OP
OP
S

ShadowLight

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Next time something goes wrong with your car I'll be sure to point out the most obvious and yet unhelpful thing in the world.

'please refrain from profanity, thank you again.'

I called the dealer, it was $11 for them to grind a new key on a Chrysler blank and $25 for a Viper one. I did the Chrysler.

Last edited by a moderator:

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
intense5.5, having looked closely at our 2003 vert's interface between the windows and soft top, I could probably get a wire into the car...BUT, I feel there is a good possibility of causing a little visable damage...so that procedure is not something I usually suggest to others.

FastestBusaAround

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Next time something goes wrong with your car I'll be sure to point out the most obvious and yet unhelpful thing in the world.

'please refrain from profanity, thank you again.'

I called the dealer, it was $11 for them to grind a new key on a Chrysler blank and $25 for a Viper one. I did the Chrysler.
Maybe a brain and a ****** might be well deserved in your case.

OP
OP
S

ShadowLight

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Yeah it is, but they had to order it and I wanted to drive my car over the weekend. I don't get that much satisfaction from a logo :p

SkyBob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
isn't $25 for a Viper key from a dealer a good deal :dunno:

Yeah it is, but they had to order it and I wanted to drive my car over the weekend. I don't get that much satisfaction from a logo :p

And when you open your locked car with your non-logo key you will be able to reach your Viper-logo key you left inside. Then the non-logo key can go in the house.:cool:

OP
OP
S

ShadowLight

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Yep, it's sitting in my file cabinet :) Hopefully to never be used again.

OP
OP
S

ShadowLight

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I've got bigger problems if someone can get to my file cabinet. I guarantee not everyone is actively hiding all their keys when they come home.

Maybe they are, I hope they aren't heavy drinkers then!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlamorte