Locked out of my 05 SRT10 Help

Gerald

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Help! I needed to charge the battery and had keys in ignition. I got out of car closed door and put battery charger on car. When I did this it must have locked the doors for some reason. My wallet, cell phone, keys, fob, etc are in the car. How do I get back in? I can't find my spare set, etc. In fact, I dont' even know if I have one..

I tried search and it just doesn't want to work right. I wish they'd make it easy like
What key words do u want to search for? - Locked myself out of my viper. but Nooooo
it's gotta be some weird crap that brings up threads that have NOTHING to do with locking yourself out of your car. :omg::crazy2:

Here's a hello to a lot of old friends I haven't talked to in a while.

sniper1

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Isn't there a key hole under the drivers mirror right under the bottom side of the upper door on Gen III and up? A really good locksmith can make one close to yours or defeat the lock and get you in...

Last edited:

supersnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't know if 05 are the same as 06, but your computer has gone to sleep, If your battery is fully charged, just push on the drivers door latch as you would normally and the computers wake up and everything is normal, Worked for me but mine is an 06 Coupe.:D

slysnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think you can take your VIN to the dealership and have them make you a key. Not sure though.

Roysviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
In your owners manual there should be a key code for your keys. You can take that key code to a Dodge dealer and they can make you a key. Been there... :headbang:

alpine7822

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I remember there being a post over the summer about the Grail Keeper helping someone at an event with the same problem. They were able to do something under the hood that unlocked the doors. May want to search for that.

VIPER R

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Maybe you could disconnect battery at charging terminal, not real easy but perhaps disconnecting and connecting after a few minutes would do the job.

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Up yours!! I hope the car keeps you locked out. Anybody that would blow off racing with his friends needs to be banned from his car for a short "time out"...............................

:D :D :D j/k G! But still funny thinking you locked yourself out :D :D :D

sleeplezz_swe

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have done the same but with the motor running :D

I had to pop the hood and remove the fuel pump relay, after that I ordered 2 new fobs from Ebay...

Roadrunner

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The "underhood" trick is only for popping the trunk... not the doors. That would be a bad rumor to spread.

Your dealer can give the key code to any real locksmith to crank out a key... actually it's not a bad idea to keep a copy of the key code number for yourself for just such a situation.

The key blank is just a standard chrysler key (after all you are having one made to get to the real key).

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lennatave