locked out of trunk HELP

mike1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
:dunno: Does anyone have any Ideas as to getting into the trunk of a "93 gen 1-it appears that either the cable going to the latch is broke or came apart.I put the wifes x-mas present in the trunk, went to remove them and when I turn the key,now it feels like no resistance against the lock cylinder and the lid does not open.

V

Venomiss

:dunno: Does anyone have any Ideas as to getting into the trunk of a "93 gen 1-it appears that either the cable going to the latch is broke or came apart.I put the wifes x-mas present in the trunk, went to remove them and when I turn the key,now it feels like no resistance against the lock cylinder and the lid does not open.

My first thought is why not get a locksmith?

Since you are new you can PM the moderators with your VIN # and change your status to Viper owner. Kcobean or lee can help you with that.

A few might be more inclined to help knowing you are not wanting the information for something other than what you represent since this is post number one for you.
Hope this helps you.:)

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I'm wondering if it's possible to remove the license plate and bottom rear bumper cover bolts and reach behind it to yank the cable? Just an idea as I don't even have a shop manual for a Gen 1.

Ted

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mpcc