I hear they're faster than the YELLOW ones!! :D

Cheers,

Jay K.

Hans Christian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry for hijacking the thread

Joseph,

I honestly think that it is a big mistake to go with white (unless in very very limited numbers) - I have personally never seen any sports car in any form of white that drew any attention. Have you ever seen/heard anybody say wow about a white lambo, ferrari, porsche etc NO NO NO NO (again, at least I haven't).

We want YELLOW and we want it for 04 - can't we have an offcial poll on this, as I am sure it will beat white and silver by a fair margin). To make it further interesting - I suggest you include a question for those of us who have one 04 on order - i.e. it it easy to say that white could be ok but what I am getting at - would many really select that color when push come to shove ?? I DONT THINK SO (OK, maybe Steve F will - yes I know he has been asking for this for a long time but...)

ARGH @#$%, WE WANT YELLOW - YELLOW

FELLOW YELLOW BIASED GUYS HELP ME OUT HERE - PLEASE (if they got black added for 03, then maybe we can do the same for yellow on the 04 - COME ON - GO GO.

I would even go as far to accept a surcharge !!!

Let the comments begin

Lawrenzo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<font color="yellow">YELLOW all the way </font>

hmmmm the last white sports car that had any draw was the Testarossa in Miami Vice- now who really wants to go back in that direction?? ;)

Janni

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How about Red, White AND Yellow?????? There is nothing to say that DC can't change 2 colors...

I'd settle for having a one year color... (silver...)

Hans Christian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Miami Vice - LOL - you kill me SSunburn.
NB: was it a real testarossa - I seem to remember it was a kit car but then again it did go well with a white 1980ies suit and a red tie :eek:

Dixter

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well, I hate to rain on everyone's parade....

But what we realy need is for Dodge to come out with the Coupe version of
the SRT-10 and to top that off the first Coupe's should be the same color
combination of the first GTS's.... thats right folks Blue/w white stripes

Now that would create a stir... :eek:

genXgts

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Hans, little Miami Vice Trivia to kick around at cocktail parties.

The original Ferrari in Miami Vice was a Daytona replica based on a Corvette chassis. The set bought the cars from auction resulting from a legal debate over them. The series exploded and Ferrari was disgusted to see their car on display so horribly as a kit-car. Ferrari then gave 2 identical black Testarossas to the set if they promised to dump that knock off. They were repainted white for better night shots immediately.

Went and found a link for the truly bored:

miami vice info

Great episode when the Daytona was blown up from a stinger missle, have it on tape!

back to regular color talk, although I will buy a White Testarossa some day, just for kicks.

Hans Christian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ryan,

I happend to be home for lunch the other day and I noticed TNT was doing a re-run of the series. I kinda got stock watching and never made it back to work - guess I went down memory lane - gotta love the 80'ies

2charmed

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am voting from New Zealand, so my vote should count for at least TWO votes!

I have an 04' on order should Yellow be availibe, so it's YELLOW for me or
any color COUPE!

2Charmed

Motor City Mad Man

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would love for Dodge to come out with a street legal comp coupe looking Viper. But rumor has it that all the Vipers in 2006 will be painted a hot pink with optional white poka dots instead of the traditional blue with white stripes. You heard it here first.

Motor City Mad Man

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Hans, little Miami Vice Trivia to kick around at cocktail parties.

The original Ferrari in Miami Vice was a Daytona replica based on a Corvette chassis. The set bought the cars from auction resulting from a legal debate over them. The series exploded and Ferrari was disgusted to see their car on display so horribly as a kit-car. Ferrari then gave 2 identical black Testarossas to the set if they promised to dump that knock off. They were repainted white for better night shots immediately.

Went and found a link for the truly bored:

miami vice info

Great episode when the Daytona was blown up from a stinger missle, have it on tape!

back to regular color talk, although I will buy a White Testarossa some day, just for kicks.

Ryan, I almost cried when I saw those arms dealers blow up the fake Ferrari Daytona Spyder with the Stinger missile. :( But then they got the nice new white Testarossa, so everything was right with the World. I remember hearing the same thing, about it being a kit car on a Vette chassis. Saw the same kit for sale in magazines back then. As for the other Ferraris and Lamborghinis on the show, they were probably the real thing. That was my favorite show from the 80's. Yeah, lets go back to those days. I'd love to put a red Testarossa in my garage someday for kicks. I've seen many for around $50-60,000 lately.

Gary Lashinsky

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have had my Comp. Coupe painted in the original Blue with Whtie stripes color my 1996 GTS came in. When the CC is assembled and ready for pictures before we badge it, I will post some pictures on the board. It's being painted now and can be seen at Archer Racing when finished.

Joseph Houss

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Gary,

Make sure to find an AVON lady soon..... and buy, buy, buy the new blue/white comp coupe they are offering!

SRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I honestly think that it is a big mistake to go with white (unless in very very limited numbers) - I have personally never seen any sports car in any form of white that drew any attention.

This might be the first :cool:
You must be registered for see images

Ken Larsen

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have had my Comp. Coupe painted in the original Blue with Whtie stripes color my 1996 GTS came in. When the CC is assembled and ready for pictures before we badge it, I will post some pictures on the board. It's being painted now and can be seen at Archer Racing when finished.

Any pics yet........... PLEASE... must see comp coupe in blue/white! :eek: