looking at buying a heffner viper and need opinions

rich v.

Viper Owner
Reaction score
well guys, i might be returning to the viper world!
i have an offer on the table to trade my T-rex and some $$ for a viper. please let me know what you think this car is worth and if it is a good idea.
Ok first the good:
-2000 GTS ACR red/silver stripes, 18k miles, heffner 650 package, clean car, no accidents as far as i can tell, idles like a big block with a 600 lift cam!! and is pretty fast.
And the not so good:
-car pops out of reverse
-noisy rockers (heffner claims normal)
-doors are a little hard to close, i never had a gts, only an rt10 not sure if this is normal.

any and all advise and or thoughts will be greatly appriciated!!
i have 2 days to make the call.
my email is [email protected]

DEVILDOG

VCA Member North TX
Reaction score
not so good:
-Not normal.
-Normal. Many guys here swear by(not at) Heffner's work and reputation.
-Normal...they can be adjusted.
Good luck!

stangkilr1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
if the car is from central jersey i know it well...clean car...put down about 540whp at a meet 2 months ago...

OP
OP
R

rich v.

Viper Owner
Reaction score
the car is from central jersey
if you could contact me i would greatly appriciated.
484-645-0924
rich

LETHAL GTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Damn, I need glasses........sorry!

And also I have heard nothing but positive things from guys that have had dealing with Jason Heffner.

ChrisXoxide

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Rich,

Putting some more thought into this car, I would probably pay low 50's myself to buy it. I don't think 53k or higher is unreasonable at all for it. I'd probably have to look into how much the max cost on transmission fix would cost to really know myself and say I'd confindently spend Xk on the car.

You are probably in the same boat as me wanting more power than we had before though, knowing that, I think this is a great find for you. I kind of would rather be in that deal than the one I'm in now.

If you don't get this one, another good one always will come along. I've been looking again for like 2 months.

Good luck with the decision,
-Chris

ChrisXoxide

Enthusiast
Reaction score
When you say stoptech brakes, is that just rotors or are there upgraded pistons?

The car I just bought has the drilled/slotted eradispeed baer rotors, but pistons are stock. Also - I heard these brakes (the eradispeeds) are bad because they crack frequently. So stoptech seems like a big plus on that.

LETHAL GTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The car I just bought has the drilled/slotted eradispeed baer rotors, but pistons are stock. Also - I heard these brakes (the eradispeeds) are bad because they crack frequently.
Only if you are tracking your car, will they get hot enough to cause any problems.