Looking for a Borla Exhaust - Cat back for a GEN III

Stray Cat

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi All - Does anyone know if someone in the US has a Borla Cat Back in stock ? I purchased one from JEGS, but they keep delaying it as it is not in stock and it is shipping direct from Borla. Second time the ship date has slipped. JonB has a Belanger but I have been told that is a much louder system, so do not want to go that route. Thanks!

littlecaars

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
Had a Borla in my 2000gts and loved the sound. Went with it again on my 2008 gen4 vert and totally disappointed
it sounded exactly like the stocker. Your choice.

hlieber50

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Corsa also makes a cat back exhaust. I put them on my '05 and it made the exhaust louder under acceleration but not bad at cruising speed. Bought it from Summit Racing in March of 2020. Corsa is located in Cleveland Ohio not far from Summit Racing.

MoparMap

VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Had a Borla in my 2000gts and loved the sound. Went with it again on my 2008 gen4 vert and totally disappointed
it sounded exactly like the stocker. Your choice.

That's odd. My 04 came with a Borla on it and I love the sound. It's deeper toned than most of the other aftermarket ones I've heard and gives it more of a classic muscle car sound. I feel like the Corsa and Belanger stuff sounds more **** and high pitched like an exotic. Compared to the totally stock 03 my dad had for a while it was definitely louder and different tone. I was around some gen 4s in club meetings and thought it sounded different as well, but I never really had the same 1:1 comparison as I had with the gen 3.

woodrow pamela

Suspended
Reaction score
your perveance is borla .. but - we have a used corsa gen 3 exhaust system from our "damaged" 2005 convertible would sell for 900.00 but is missing (side pipe) drivers .. in good condition

OP
OP
S

Stray Cat

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks all - I was able to get the Borla from Jegs and it should arrive tomorrow. JonB at Parts rack has a set of custom Cats that I ordered to get rid of Factory. We will see. Someone in my Prowler club had this exact set up and loved it. Hope I do as well - I will report back.

StumpDDS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks all - I was able to get the Borla from Jegs and it should arrive tomorrow. JonB at Parts rack has a set of custom Cats that I ordered to get rid of Factory. We will see. Someone in my Prowler club had this exact set up and loved it. Hope I do as well - I will report back.
Awesome! I too recently ordered a Borla exhaust. I also ordered a pair of high flow cats from Belanger. I'll be installing on a Gen III hopefully in about 8 weeks once I get everything. What are you installing on?