Looking for a Hood/nose emblem New/used

Mopar Steve

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am looking for a new or used emblem like this one. Trying not to spend the Hundred bucks they want for these. It is not for use on my car.

You must be registered for see images attach

Sonoman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
They make great gangsta jewelry... just hang 'em on any body piercing, you be stylin' with the Snake, bro...

OP
OP
M

Mopar Steve

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Does anyone know if these can be painted? I want to change my black (dark gray) emblem to Snakeskin Green.

Not paintable to make it look right. they are enameled and cleared flush with the chrome. any paint would sit on top and look funny.

NSviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Darn... I found a member who had a SSG fangs emblem made, but if was a one-off type of deal.
I was told it was not possible also, but I have had three painted. However, you can not paint the background and keep the scales. Maurice had one specially made for him, with SSG background. I am posting three photos of mine, and one of his. Hope he don't mind, but that's where I got the idea from.
IMG_9079-LR.jpg

ACRemblem_015.JPG

ACRemblem_012.JPG

ACRemblem_004.JPG

98intrigue

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Maurice was my inspriation as well, but that looks awesome! You said you've had 3 done...do you have an extra one or can you tell me how your painter did the emblems? It looks like you sprayed the chrome part of the emblem and then airbrushed the scales a bit?

NSviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Maurice was my inspriation as well, but that looks awesome! You said you've had 3 done...do you have an extra one or can you tell me how your painter did the emblems? It looks like you sprayed the chrome part of the emblem and then airbrushed the scales a bit?

I am sorry I do not have an extra one. The first one he did was not quite ssg, but it looked so good I put it on my tool chest. Anyway, it seems the biggest thing you need is PATIENCE, which I don't have. But I don't like the word can't :) First of all, you have to lightlly sand the Chrome with 400 grit. Then tape off the back ground. I gave the painter some touch-up paint. He then airbrushed the chrome, removed the tape and clear coated the Emblem. Then he taped Fangs and shadowed the outline, removed the tape and re-clear coated a few more times. Oh, and he did this 3 or 4 times before he was happy with it. When he was finished, he gave it to me and I had it covered with clear-bra to protect it. I am sure there is some sanding steps that I may have missed , but basically thats it. Easy eh ;) good luck.
Cheers Shaun.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
techanvi