Looking for a nice set of pedals....

SteveBCloud9

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've looked everywhere for some nice racing pedals, including all of the providers on this board. I'm looking for the "bullet" type (Aluminum with holes in them) but there doesn't seem to be anyone out there selling them. I've found a black set(TNT) and aluminum "covers", but not any like the kind I've mentioned. Does anyone have a set like these? Do you know where to get a set? Include some pictures of yours if you have them. Thanks.

jimandela

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i tried the snakeoly but had to send them back.
They look great and state "easy install"
well, the clutch and brake slipped on no problem and looked awesome again the black floor mat. Got to the gas petal and would not attach (gas petal too large) called them and they advised to drill holes and go buy screws... I said "no way" and send them back. I talked with them and advised once they fixed the gas petal problem let me know and i would reorder..they do look great!!!
So if you dont mind drilling holes go with snakeoly
smile.gif

Ron Hickey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ZAF has pedals other than the ones pictured on the web link. I have a set of their racing pedals and I am very pleased with them. Give them a call.

BWoodbury

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Steve,

I have the Snake Oyl pedals and I think they look great! But I only have the brake and clutch pedals done because I still have not gotten up the courage to drill holes in the accelerator pedal yet...

Ron Hickey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Steve,

I don't have a picture of the pedals. The ones from SRP that you posted look like they'll do the job, and at $61 are a good buy. I do think the ZAF racing pedals look a little better, and I get a lot of compliments on those pedals. ZAF has a product sheet they can send you (they're not a big internet presence) which shows all their styles. The ZAF pedals have a better anchoring system than others I've seen. Cost was -- I think -- around $150-175.

I originally ordered and received the Snake Oyl pedals, and I was a little disappointed -- I thought they weren't any better than ones I could purchase at Pep Boys or Trak Auto. However, all this is a matter of personal preference, so please don't interpret this as a slam at Snake Oyl.

The ZAF pedals have an adjustable extension on the gas pedal which can be angled to facilitate heel-toe. That extension takes a little getting used to, and sometimes, if I'm not concentrating, I can get surprised braking on the street. I just completed two Viper Days events, and the pedals worked great.

Reaction score
For future reference, we're an SRP dealer and will give VCA owners 10% off! We install their products all the time (on Mustangs as well) and are very pleased with them. The pedals do allow for much easier heel-and-toeing at the track.
E-mail Wayne ([email protected]) or me ([email protected]) privately for more information.

ACR Joe

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I installed the Snake Oyl aluminum pedals (actually covers) and they look fantastic. Indeed drilling the accel pedal was necessary for safety and security, but no big deal. I've since seen a few different types of pedals at Pep Boys that look equally impressive at a fraction of the price. Either way, aluminum pedals really provide a racey look, in my case consistent with the ACR image.

jimandela

Enthusiast
Reaction score
bwoodbury,
i had the same problem. when i called them to return the petals
they said they would be working on correcting the problem.
it seems the gas petal changed alittle since the earlier cars.
anyhow it just seems if i recall correctly the metal piece for
under the gas petal was too short. but not by much just maybe
1/4 inch. so i am trying to call them now to see if they
have the situation "fixed" if so i will reorder and let you know.
because i think they look good
JIM

OP
OP
S

SteveBCloud9

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bob, you actually have the gas pedal upside down.... but they look good. When I talked to SRP I asked them if I didn't like the pedals, if I could return them and they said no problem. So I'll let you know when they show up on my doorstep..... I'd rather drill into all three pedals, that way you know they'll never silp or fall off and cause an accident.....

jimandela

Enthusiast
Reaction score
just talked with trisha at snakeoly
they advised that drilling the gas petal is not an option it has to be done for liablity reasons.. but now they do include the screws needed and directions on how to do it....
so i may try the snakeoly petals again??

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960