looking for a sapphire blue GTS dicast?

RX VIPER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Couldn't find one here either for a friend with a sapphire GTS so his g/f hand painted one with fingernail polish to put on top of his b-day cake. What a gal!

treesnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Couldn't find one here either for a friend with a sapphire GTS so his g/f hand painted one with fingernail polish to put on top of his b-day cake. What a gal!

Your right, she is quite a gal. Hey RXVIPER. I ordered the link you sent me from ebay. IT IS SAPPHIRE. I will post a photo of it. Sapphire 1:43 RT10 with silver stripes. I will try to find the link...

ViperCollector

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Since it's Matchbox, it is technically in the 1:55-1:64 range. Here are a couple better photos from my site (it's a Gen 1 RT/10). But so far the closest thing to sapphire ever issued. Now that I'm a sapphire owner, I'm looking into having 25-30 custom made using factory paint (stripping down a GTS and spraying it).

You must be registered for see images

treesnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Since it's Matchbox, it is technically in the 1:55-1:64 range. Here are a couple better photos from my site (it's a Gen 1 RT/10). But so far the closest thing to sapphire ever issued. Now that I'm a sapphire owner, I'm looking into having 25-30 custom made using factory paint (stripping down a GTS and spraying it).

That's it... Please let me know if you have any of the custom Sapphire cars available to purchase. I would love to get one. What size were you going to use?

OP
OP
I

Indiana

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks like that car could do with the springs being lowered ;)

:uk:

I agree.

I wish the dub city made a gen2 that I could paint. I'm running 20's and they setup dicasts with big wheels.

I may just end up painting a gen 3 dub city hard top and calling it good. :(

kennyhemi

Enthusiast
Reaction score

There IS a sapphire Blue viper color, I saw one in a dealer for sale NEW back for the 2001 year here in Miami, and it was an ACR. Then I saw another in a car show a couple of years later and the owner told me he tried to buy the one that I saw but was priced to high so he ordered one. That said there is atleast two made. I believe it was a 2001 one year color option.

ViperCollector

Viper Owner
Reaction score
If/when I do it, they'll be Matchbox/Hot Wheels sized (to keep the base price down, and that's what I collect). Last time I ran the numbers though, labor and paint was going to run nearly $20/each! I guess because of a minimum order for the paint...

OP
OP
I

Indiana

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just picked a 96 that looked to be a little on the dark side and they sell aftermarket wheels for them. I think it looks close to my car. See pics