looking for a viper

saleens281

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What's a good price for a 2000 R/T 10 with 28k miles. I talked them down to 40k. Anyone know of a better deal? Please let me know

big-n-italian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
does sound like a good deal.

where are you located at? i would either have it looked at by a tech, or splurge for a lunch and take someone along from this forum who knows vipers.

KepRght

Enthusiast
Reaction score
39-40 is low for an 00 with 28k from what i have seen. be sure to listen to these guys & have it checked over for prior collisions & flood.

1999 = forged pistons & no abs.
2000 = cast pistons & no abs.
2001-02 = cast pistons with abs.

hope that lil bit of info helps

and, if you buy her. post pics :)

www.kbb.com (kelly blue book) which is low (only imo), but used for trade in values by dealers
trade in value with 28k miles:
Excellent $35,925
Good $34,100
Fair $30,960

retail value, or even private party is a whole hell higher. trade in is always the ****-me price. at least you know what the dealer might possibly give him if he dropped it off for trade on an SRT10.

Casey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If it's clean, don't hesitate on that one.

I don't see one coming along that is MUCH cheaper any time soon.

VENOMAHOLIC

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I wouldn't sell mine for that low and I have 19,400 miles. Good deal. Have Chuck Tator from Tator Dodge run VIN # for you. (sorry, no phone num) He could run history and even find if factory warranty is still on it. What color is it? Good luck!

OP
OP
S

saleens281

Enthusiast
Reaction score
alright guys here is the vin, someone please check it out. I would love to pick this up. 1B3ER65E7YV604857

OP
OP
S

saleens281

Enthusiast
Reaction score
does sound like a good deal.

where are you located at? i would either have it looked at by a tech, or splurge for a lunch and take someone along from this forum who knows vipers.

I'm in norther california. The car is in Norther California as well. Here is a link to the car. Let me know what you guys think.

[

OP
OP
S

saleens281

Enthusiast
Reaction score
39-40 is low for an 00 with 28k from what i have seen. be sure to listen to these guys & have it checked over for prior collisions & flood.

1999 = forged pistons & no abs.
2000 = cast pistons & no abs.
2001-02 = cast pistons with abs.

hope that lil bit of info helps

and, if you buy her. post pics :)

www.kbb.com (kelly blue book) which is low (only imo), but used for trade in values by dealers
trade in value with 28k miles:
Excellent $35,925
Good $34,100
Fair $30,960

retail value, or even private party is a whole hell higher. trade in is always the ****-me price. at least you know what the dealer might possibly give him if he dropped it off for trade on an SRT10.

I found a 99 around the same price. Think i should get the 99 instead? The 99's have forged internals (if i remember correctly)?

OP
OP
S

saleens281

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Forged pistons are not important unless you are planning on adding a lot of horsepower. If you supercharge or turbo than you need to change them.

change the forged pistons? Or on the 2000?

Gerald Levin

Viper Owner
Reaction score
If you supercharge or turbo than you need to change the pistons....on the 2000. I'm assuming that the majority here with all things being equal would rather have the 1999 rather than the 2000 (but every owner of a 2000 would disagree with that). And one more thing, if you get interested in any car, especially if its a deal, you may not want to get too specific about contact info as there are others that are looking for "deals" on vipers and you could end up notifying other buyers about the good deal you found. Good luck.

OP
OP
S

saleens281

Enthusiast
Reaction score
if you go 01 and above you'll have ABS

on a 01 the prices are to high for my budget. Unless you know any 01's out there for less than 45k? Non-salvaged title of course.

OP
OP
S

saleens281

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you supercharge or turbo than you need to change the pistons....on the 2000. I'm assuming that the majority here with all things being equal would rather have the 1999 rather than the 2000 (but every owner of a 2000 would disagree with that). And one more thing, if you get interested in any car, especially if its a deal, you may not want to get too specific about contact info as there are others that are looking for "deals" on vipers and you could end up notifying other buyers about the good deal you found. Good luck.

thank you. link is down. appreciate the information.

dmerkle

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thread revival! The 2000 mentioned in this thread has been through a lot since 2006 but it looks like it might still be alive somehow. If the current owner happens to stumble across this thread, I'd love to chat about the car.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jpolen21