Looking for Ram SRT-10

Viper Ram

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Guys,
I need Help! I'm looking to find a dealer who has a Silver Ram SRT-10 for sale. I'm ready to buy, have been ready, but can't make any sense of the D-C dealer rationing system. Any recommendations?
Thanks, Mark

Eric

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I talked to my dealer yesterday regarding the same issue. It appears that D-C is filling orders to dealers that do not have pre sold orders (even though D-C will say that all orders are sold)like the dealer in TX that had 19 listed on ebay. I am sticking with the dealer that ordered my SRT to show D-C that loyalty counts from me the buyer but I am questioning D-C's loyalty to it's customer base. I also heard there is a problem with the cam bolts since the one blew up in front of the Ford dealer.

D-C get off the dime and release the trucks to us real buyers, the people that have supported D-C and will continue if you support us.

SneakyPete

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Guys,
I need Help! I'm looking to find a dealer who has a Silver Ram SRT-10 for sale. I'm ready to buy, have been ready, but can't make any sense of the D-C dealer rationing system. Any recommendations?
Thanks, Mark

Mark, I believe you are friends with Mike Perry? Try Daytona Dodge. They had a black on the show room floor that was not sold and a silver and red on the way by the end of the month. Call Brett and tell Jay Uhalt sent you so you can get the best deal.

Brett Woodruff - Sales Manager
Daytona Dodge
1450 North Tomoka Farms Rd
Daytona Beach FL 32124
Toll Free Phone: (888) 680-9454
Local Phone: 386-274-0571

OP
OP
V

Viper Ram

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Eric, Jay,

I'm trying hard to remain loyal but this rationing system is nuts. I'll give Brett a call and see what I can work out.
Thanks,
Mark

alabamaacr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree with Eric.
I've been waiting for my RAM SRT 10 since October (ordered the first day of availability) and I'm still in BG status?
What gives D-C?

Janni

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why are there unfulfilled orders from MULTIPLE DC product owners - you know - the brand loyal people - when seemingly random dealers are selling these trucks to folks that didn't order them?

What is that old saying about how much it costs to keep a customer vs. how much it costs to get a new one?

Come on, D-C - take care of the folks that ponied up the cash and ORDERED your truck!

Ramman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I ordered my black Ram SRT-10 the day thet were announced also and I'm still in the same BG catagory. I own 3 vipers all bought new and a 1993 Ram 2500 vith the V-10 and wonder why folks get trucks before the the people that have supported Dodge. Over the past 12 years I have bought no less than 9 vehicles starting with a 1992 Stelth. It would be nice if the folks that have been supporting the brand for years would be able to get there ordered vehicles before someone that walks into a showroom without and order and gets it first. I have called DC a number of times and have been told the cehicle will be built in 2 weeks to everything is on hold and no production vehicle are being built. I guess they don't know whats going on because last thirsday I saw two truck loads of black SRT-10s going east on I-10 in Louisiana. I would really like to know when the early orders will be filled.

9 seconds

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah. Screw the dealers who sell hundreds and hundreds of trucks for Dodge.

Seriously, unless Dodge lied to the dealers you should be mad at the dealer who took your deposit (maybe) and ordered it for you. Why did they think they could order as many SRT-10 Rams as they wanted when the SRT-4's and Vipers they order are limited too? I know. I should shut up since I've already got one but I have one because I went to a dealer that was sure to get some trucks and not one who offered it for way under sticker. Picked mine up Jan. 7th and still paid < sticker. I made the same mistake once. Ordered my Viper in April and picked it up in September from a dealer who sold one Viper every couple of years.

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey, I know of at least one VCA SRT-10 Ram that is up for sale. Sure enough, the guy that won the opportunity (one of 49) just happens to be a VCA member and works at a Dodge dealership. No, not a dealership that we know here. And not in Kansas City either - nobody from the Kansas City VCA got the opportunity, although most applied. Oh well!

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm thinking that one of the best ways to slow down these quick sales for a profit would be to announce/post the names of the winners. That way we would know if out compadres were in effect screwing us to make a buck.

Doc.

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I thought this was not suppose to happen. I try not to get into other peoples business, but it ticks me off that a VCA member would keep one of us from winning the opportunity to buy one of these trucks if they were not going to keep it. I for one, don't think a little profit should ever come before a little integrity. If circumstances have changed for this person and he can not afford to keep the truck another name could be drawn and the truck should be sold to break even. I wonder how long D.C. will keep offering such special vehicles to the VCA when we can't even trust each other to do the right thing.. JMO

Doc

Eric

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I, like the majority, that wanted one of the Blue trucks did not get my name drawn. If I had I would have been there ready to drive it home. But, I do have one on order and the order was placed the first day that D-C allowed the dealers to order the truck. What disappointments me is the fact that D-C apparently is not concerned about the pre-sold orders to real customers that have supported them with purchases over the past 10 years. In my opinion D-C is making a huge mistake by shipping trucks to dealers that randomly placed orders while leaving their customers forsaken. This has caused some buyers to change their purchase from the dealer they placed the ordered to and attempt to find a truck elsewhere. This will case a ripple when the market is softer to the dealer that finally receives the trucks that were special ordered.

D-C I hope you are reading these post and will rectify you stand by contacting the dealers that have been asking you where are my customers orders and FILL THEM!

My last comment on the 49 trucks. Please note, this is only a rumor that a buyer went to Daytona yesterday and offered someone that had received there truck $85,000 for one of the 49. Now, if I had been one of the lucky 49 and someone came up to me and made me that offer, the truck would have a new home. I would not call that selling out my fellow Viper club members for profit. This will not please everyone but, I would call that a GREAT business opportunity that would come to me once.

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Eric I appreciate your thoughts about an unsolicited bid. But how about if that person was actively trying to find a buyer? Or worse yet, what if that person only put their name into the hat for 1 of the 49 for a profit opportunity? Those latter 2 examples are what I call profiteering and the individuals should be shot. Okay maybe not that bad but at least prevented from enjoying any future opportunity.

This is only 49 trucks. A little legwork and anyone could find out who registered the vehicles. I vote that the VCA check and disallow any pofiteering individual from future opportunities.

This is much different than the Gen III purchase as from drawing to delivery was only a matter of weeks rather than the year plus for the Gen III. I can understand how the financial picture could change in a year or more, but in the time span for the truck purchase a significant financial change is much less probable.

My $0.02

OP
OP
V

Viper Ram

Enthusiast
Reaction score
9 seconds, I've followed your posts on the SRT site as well. I too ordered a truck the very first day they were available for order. It looks like I'll have to go to a dealer who didn't place an order because they seem to be the dealers getting them. Ive heard of several owners of Vipers SRT-10's and one Ram SRT-10 owner who have had to have their engines be redone by Arrow - Cam bolts letting go. There seems to be atensile strength issue. The Ram SRT-10 had 250 miles on it and cam bolt let go at 12 mph. Maybe now we're seeing the reason for delivery and order delays?? Who knows? By the way, I participated in the ride along at Dodge City yesterday and they hammered the Vipers, Rams and SRT-4 for over 3 hours without a hiccup. I'm even more anxious now to get my new truck. I too would love a Blue Ram SRT-10!, it looks like I'll have to paint one to get it since i'm not a VCA member.
Mark

9 seconds

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Viper Ram,
This weekend PVO members will be at the SRT-4 Nationals. Bill Pemberton has posted that one of the members had a lot to do with the SRT-10 Ram. I plan to ask lots of questions including why there are delays and how they chose allocation. If there are any questions anyone want asked, let me know. They have been very good in the past about answering specific questions. They don't respond as well to questions like "So....Tell me about the SRT-10 Ram."

Good luck on your quest. You won't be dissappointed.

Steve Ueligger

PS...If you've seen my posts over there you might get the wrong impression. I'm just bustin' those Lightning guys ****. Some of them deserve it.

OP
OP
V

Viper Ram

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Steve,

You know our plight, so find out what you can. Maybe there is something we can pass on to our dealers to get our trucks built....17 weeks on order should be enough.
Thanks,
Mark

OP
OP
V

Viper Ram

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Guys,
I appreciate all of the referals that were offered by the helpful people on this forum. I am now the proud owner of a 2004 Dodge Ram SRT-10 and couldn't be happier. I now own one and still have another on order.
Thanks,
Mark

FikseGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Dodge Dealer by me, in Pembroke Pines, FL, has had a red one out front for a week now....

looks pretty tough.... I actually had a short run-in with one on the highway in my C32.... that truck sounds awesome...

Brooks

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang