Looking for the new 5 spokes

MTGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm looking for a set of the new 5 spokes wheels, I don't know what there called. They are NOT the copperheads wheels, I want the ones w/o the lip. If anyone is selling any please let me know. I don't need tires.

Copperhead245

Enthusiast
Reaction score
FYI - the "Sidewinder" (Copperhead) 5 spokes are considerably lighter than ones you want - so if you track your car, you might want to reconsider.

You probably already know they were an option on the 06 and will be for the 08.

JonB @ PartsRack - probably the best price for a new set...

rcl4668

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm looking for a set of the new 5 spokes wheels, I don't know what there called. They are NOT the copperheads wheels, I want the ones w/o the lip. If anyone is selling any please let me know. I don't need tires.

I have a 2008 Viper on order with the standard 5-spoke wheels. I plan to have these replaced at the delaership with the Sidewinder wheels but the car probably won't arrive until November which I am guessing is too long of a wait for you.

/Rich

OP
OP
M

MTGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a 2008 Viper on order with the standard 5-spoke wheels. I plan to have these replaced at the delaership with the Sidewinder wheels but the car probably won't arrive until November which I am guessing is too long of a wait for you.

/Rich

I'm not really in a rush. But if I find a good deal I'll get them.
I emailed you michal and I PM'd twinvipers

Last edited:

rcl4668

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Does anyone know what the 5-spokes would cost if you ordered them from Chrysler/Dodge? Thanks.

/Rich

BJ MOTORS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a set if you are interested give me a call 1-804-784-7208. These are mounted with Michelin.Is this the wheel.

Viper_Wheel.JPG

OP
OP
M

MTGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for all the repsonses and PM's guys. I'm am talking with a couple different members about buying their setups.

2002_Viper_GTS_ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
FYI - the "Sidewinder" (Copperhead) 5 spokes are considerably lighter than ones you want - so if you track your car, you might want to reconsider.

You probably already know they were an option on the 06 and will be for the 08.

JonB @ PartsRack - probably the best price for a new set...

Never heard of the Sidewinder wheels being an "option" on ANY car. They came with the coppperhead, and that was it. Only other way to get them was to order a set from mopar. I think you have your facts wrong. I bought an 06 and side winder wheels were not an option.

Oh and if you are talking about the non side winder 5 spokes, they WERE an option in 06, but are the STANDARD wheel for 08.

Jon

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
They are very pricey and most folks forget to get the center cap and the tire sensors. If you can find a nice set of used ones, that will save you some bucks, and likely when the 08s come out, there will be some wanting to sell theirs to get aftermarket rims. Patience may be your best virtue right now. Good luck.

Bill Pemberton
Woodhouse Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, Viper

murci

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a set with sensors, caps & stock tires. PM me.

rcl4668

Enthusiast
Reaction score
They are very pricey and most folks forget to get the center cap and the tire sensors. If you can find a nice set of used ones, that will save you some bucks, and likely when the 08s come out, there will be some wanting to sell theirs to get aftermarket rims. Patience may be your best virtue right now. Good luck.

Bill Pemberton
Woodhouse Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, Viper

Good point Bill.

MTGTS -- that reminds me, when the car arrives and I swap my 5-spokes with the sidewinders, I will be having my local dealer transfer the center caps and TPMS sensors from the 5-spokes to the sidewinders so I don't know if that impacts your decision.

/Rich

OP
OP
M

MTGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good point Bill.

MTGTS -- that reminds me, when the car arrives and I swap my 5-spokes with the sidewinders, I will be having my local dealer transfer the center caps and TPMS sensors from the 5-spokes to the sidewinders so I don't know if that impacts your decision.

/Rich

I actually don't need sensors but I do need caps. I have a couple sets lined up and might even know later today. There are more sets available than I thought there would be which is making this much easier. Thanks everyone.

VIPER BAZ UK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have two rims 1x rear and 1x front and 2x front tires....
Club member bought them as spares..
You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images

Dimitrios

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I already talked to JonB. $4400 w/o tires.:eek:

look around. i was getting the $4k price quotes too. i remember paying $2500. they did not include tires or sensors. they just had minor curb rash which i ended up fixing for $125.

OP
OP
M

MTGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
look around. i was getting the $4k price quotes too. i remember paying $2500. they did not include tires or sensors. they just had minor curb rash which i ended up fixing for $125.

Yeah, I've found a couple sets around that so I'll be getting one of them. BTW, your car looks great!

SylvanSRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i got the SRT-Sidewinders(blems) for much less and they are much lighter as mentioned, above i dont know it they are even available any more(blems at least)

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I already talked to JonB. $4400 w/o tires.:eek:

That is for brand new, in the box, nefer mounted......with caps and lugs. Used wheels for less.....but no excellent set in stock just now. THANKS FOR ASKING !

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang