Lost Gas Cap

Hyru

Viper Owner
Reaction score
well, finally happened... came to start up the beast for the 1st time in 2weeks, noticed she needed gas so I was off to the gas station. Opened her up and saw that I didnt have the plastic gas cap... guess I must have lost it two weeks ago (they shoulda put some sort of string on these!)

Are these universal Dodge parts (aka fits on Neons)?

Anyone got a spare one sitting around :lmao:

Danno

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I purchased one from Advance Auto last year or so. They show 2 different caps that fit, but the one that locks does NOT fit (97 GTS) . I purchased the one with the lock but then the outside chrome cap wouldnt shut all the way so I traded it for the regular one and it works fine. I think it was like $5.

Dan

Lawrenzo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It could have been stolen as mine was on my 2002 Bumblebee:mad:

Not having a cap tripped the check engine light so I ended up missing an local VCA event not knowing what was really going on:mad:

Someone wanted a "trophy" off a Viper I suppose. Kind of like the a**hole that literally ripped my passenger side mirror clean off my Bee! I told my daughter to keep an eye/ear out for some scumbag at highschool that brags about their "find"!!

bvk

Enthusiast
Reaction score
on one of the first drives after I bought mine i left the cap on top of the pump about 30 miles away. Remembered it 20 mins after I left the gas station, was pretty annoyed with myself.. all my other cars have the 'attached' type of caps so stupid people like me don't leave them behind

OP
OP
H

Hyru

Viper Owner
Reaction score
well, went back to the gas station and they had found my gas cap.
Put her on, perfect fit :)

However, the check engine light remains on... Whats the best way of going about resetting it? Unfortunately I dont have the lil handheld Obd reader

JGK95

Enthusiast
Reaction score
well, went back to the gas station and they had found my gas cap.
Put her on, perfect fit :)

However, the check engine light remains on... Whats the best way of going about resetting it? Unfortunately I dont have the lil handheld Obd reader

Drive over to Autozone and use their OBD-II hand held device for free. You'll be able to reset/clear the codes at that point.

Jay K.

OP
OP
H

Hyru

Viper Owner
Reaction score
If the cap triggered it, it will go away by itself in a few more trips.

Any idea roughly how many, Tom?
Ive taken her out probably 5-6 times now and its still on.

OP
OP
H

Hyru

Viper Owner
Reaction score
For future people looking into this thread, it took a good 20-25 drives for it to go away, but finally did.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sinusbeats