Love at first site....

Twister

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well after wrecking a 99 rt10 2 years ago and a 2003 srt10 a lil over a year ago I promised my self that I was done with Vipers...And got a nsx..

Nsx is a great car and I lov the handling and engine in the back under the glass and mine is supercharged ect.

BUT......

Me and my wife were driving and their she was...THE FIRST SRT10 COUPE IVE EVER SEEN IN MY LIFE...You can blame it on me living in Hawaii or what ever but seriously even though theve been out since 2006 Id never seen one...

It was a 2008 at a Dealership a few miles from my house and me and my wife were just rolling by and their was this bright blue coupe...

Now my 99 rt10 was a kool looking car and I thought my 2003 SRT10 was also kool with a nice touch of modern to it over the 99 rt10...

But I think my wide body nsx easily looks better than eighter of them ( not a fair comparison since both my rt10 and srt10 looked a lot more agressive than a stock nsx...Just not my highly modded nsx)If you get what Im sayin....

Well anyways..Ive always thought the GTS Viper was pretty kool and two of my buddies have them...But honestly after owning a SRT10 I could never go back to the interior of a rt10 or GTS..So I passed on the GTS as well and got my nsx..

So like I said me and my wife were just cruising when I saw that bright blue 2008 coupe..And I can say with out any hesitation what so ever that the SRT10 coupe is the sexiest car Ive ever seen...And Ive got up in personal with a Audi R8 and gallarados here in Hawaii...The Gallardo I thought was a bit of a let down in vert form ( only ones Ive seen) and the Audi R8..Well the front could ave been a lil better....The F430's and 360's Ive seen defiently got my attention but man oh man I can honestly say that the SRT10 coupe was in a league all on it's own...

It looked like a real modern day race car..Wide and ****...Where the porportions of my 2003 SRT10 hood looked a little long coming up to the vert top the coupe seemed seamless...Were my 2003 srt10 rear always seemed a lil plain to me the coupe had a truly agressive and mesmerizing rear end...

In essence by just adding a painted top and more agressive rear I feel that they truly changed the whole look of the SRT10's...Not that the verts are bad looking..I bought one and thought it was over all an awesome looking car...Probally a tick better looking than a C6Z06 or nsx..

BUT THE COUPE SIMPLY BLOWS THEM AWAY AND I FEEL THAT YOU COULD PARK A COUP NEXT TO A F430 AND HOLD YOUR OWN QUITE NICELY..

Wow...Just wow..Id seen them in pics and thought they were awesome but man oh man I never knew they were this awesome..

So I got some questions....At 65K for the regular used price for a 2008 It's still a lil bit high for my price range...Although I have seen some in the 57-60K range and think I could swing that with little problem..Only the problem is that they are in Venom red and from what Ive seen that color is pretty hideos...

So my question is.....Is the 500 HP 2006 coupe 100% visually identical to the 2008 coupe other than the hood? Ive seen these for around 53K and a few at 47-50K..I could afford this quite easily....

Im really after that 2008 SRT10 coupe look that took my breath away..If I buy a 2006 from california and have it shipped here to hawaii like I did my last SRT10 am I gonna have that same SRT10 coupe look that Im in love with?

Ill add a supercharger or what ever later for 600 plus rwhp..But for now I want that look...Will a 2006 deliver..

Thanks for any help

By the way I posted some pics of my nsx....Ill miss her but the srt10 coupe just looks so much more agressive..Me and my wife found a black 2006 coupe on Ebay with 19K miles for 49K...I want her bad!!!!

Last edited:

SkyBob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: Love at first sight....

You sound like a kid in a candy store and I know what you mean. I love my 2003 SRT/10 so much it hurts but if I could afford it I would have it and an SRT/10 coupe in my garage.

Good luck to you.

Which island are you on?

Bob

PaViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
With the exception of the hood and width of the stripes (if it has stripes), the look would be exactly the same. there are also some additional wheel choices for 08 or 09, but that would be it externally

SnakeBitten

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Come on. We know the NSX is your wifes and that Hot Pink Navigator is yours:D....

Anyway same body different hood and stripes like was said. If you get the 06 get the 08-09 hood later. It looks much much better. Very aggressive.

OP
OP
T

Twister

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey that navigator is my wifes he he he..I hated that car at first...But I got hit on more from chicks driving that car than any other car Ive ever owned..Seriously no joke..

SkyBob Im on Oahu...

Kool then...So the 2006 for 48-53K is the same car minus hood/engine/suspension..

I CANT WAIT....

I know Im rambling but that hard top and more agressive rear also seemed to make the car appear smaller than my 2003 vert...Maybe it was just my imagination..

SSSSSE YA...I like the nsx but no matter what I do to mod it ..It will never have that prescence that the Viper coupe had..Man oh man

Thanks for the responses guys

Hamrhead

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You can hate on it all you like as everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but the Venom Red looks waaay better in person than any picture I've ever seen of it.:)

TexasSnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The NSX is cool if you're in to rice burners, but let's face it...act like a man and drive a Viper!

OP
OP
T

Twister

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hamrhead...Sorry if I offended you...And Im sure the pics dont do it justice..Im just not a big fan of burgandy

TexasSnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm offended by the comment..."Not that the verts are bad looking..I bought one and thought it was over all an awesome looking car...Probally a tick better looking than a C6Z06 or nsx."

I condsider my Vert way more than a "tick" better looking than a ZO6 or rice burner!!!

Just kidding..LOL

eucharistos

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So my question is.....Is the 500 HP 2006 coupe 100% visually identical to the 2008 coupe other than the hood? ...

may be wrong, but me thinks the nose is also different btw the 2 :dunno:

:eater:

Hamrhead

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hamrhead...Sorry if I offended you...And Im sure the pics dont do it justice..Im just not a big fan of burgandy

I take no offense - Don't be sorry at all. To each his own.:2tu:

Hey, regardless of how rare it is, I'm not a fan of Purple. Or 'Aero' kits with huge silly wings that aren't there for any other reason but show.:dunno:;)

But I'd rock an ACR anytime!:headbang:

bglmn92

Viper Owner
Reaction score
You can hate on it all you like as everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but the Venom Red looks waaay better in person than any picture I've ever seen of it.:)

...my sentiments exactly... The only reason I bought the
Venom Red was because it was so cheap (55K/ 9000 miles). But,
as soon as I seen it in person, it grew on me real fast. My
original intentions were to paint it black. Now, I think I'll
keep it. :2tu:

TexasSnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would like to see the Venom Red in person too. The color is one of the least appealing in pictures, but so is the orange (in my opinion). I saw an orange Viper at the Philly Car Show yesterday and must say that pictures don't do justice for it...really impressive. I also saw the ACR that broke the record at Nurburgring. Everyone was gathered around taking pictures. I wondered how many actually knew what they were taking pictures of and its history.

J&R3xV10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
wait.... you wrecked two Vipers??? buy an 08 Blue with no strips. I want are my car to be more rare:D:lmao:

OP
OP
T

Twister

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ha ha ha ha...I know man...I was about to pull the trigger on a silver 2004 vert right after wrecking the srt10..The silver vert had head and cam and all the bolt ons pushing 570 rwhp as well as moton susspension...

My wife said hell no..The third times the charm..And so I got the nsx..But my street racing days are over and I just want the coupe looks..

XLR8SN

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There are a few that are for sale (2006 SRT10 Coupes) in the classified for under 55K. Most are VCA members and the cars should be in good shape. One of the coupes have a Corsa exhaust and is selling for 54K. Best of luck.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Viper123456