Lowered car with Eibach...Need shock upgrade

ExplorerThis

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I lowered my 06 with eibachs last year and I'm thinking with the stiffer rate I need to dump the oem shocks. The car seems to rebound bad on certain bumps/dips in the road. Any aftermarket shock upgrades?

steve911

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There are tons of posts on this very subject. Your choices are limited only by your wallet. Among the offerings are:
Penske
Moton
KW
there are other Mfg's.

ulllose

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have the same issue,,,,,, but im going with the KW's I think. I did the Eibachs to lower the car but now i dont like how it rides so time to switch.

shooter_t1

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score
I think Vipair sells a ride height adjustable setup for like $900 bucks or so..way less then KW or Motons if your not after ACR like adjustments.

AbsolutHank

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think Vipair sells a ride height adjustable setup for like $900 bucks or so..way less then KW or Motons if your not after ACR like adjustments.

That is true...but you re-use your factory shocks with the Vipair setup, so his problem will still exist.

Ratical2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't know what shocks come on the Gen3-4 stock. If they are Koni's why not send them back to Koni for a rebuild/ revalve? There is a local guy in the Bay area that can do koni's and Bilsteins. I am not sure what else!

Anyway, just thinking/typing out loud.

Last edited:

Nine Ball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I wish QA1 would make some shocks for our cars. The price paid for the other coil-overs is ridiculous for a set of shocks. Viper tax to the max, since these other brands produce kits for cars like the Camaro for around $2000-3000 a set. Here is an example of what KW charges for Camaro coil-overs.

2010 Camaro KW Suspension Variant 3 Coil Over

Tony

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
If there were 20,000 Vipers built annually like Camaro etc, instead of 20,000 per DECADE with VIpers, there would be some volume-based pricing equivalent.

The CHARGER / 300 prices, and CHALLENGER, are in Camaro-range. 3 options for Charger.

Last edited:

Nine Ball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Over 120,000 Camaro's built in 2010 Jon. :)

But, that doesn't mean they all buy expensive coil-overs. Most owners still opt for the lower buck lowing springs instead. I'll give you a call about those KW's next week, thanks for the PM.

Tony

Paul Hawker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Word on the street is that Parts Rack has a complete range of suspension solutions for our Vipers.

If you can get by for cheap Jon will tell you, but if you Gotta Pay to Play, then he will give you a complete options run down.

Sometimes a spring cap is all you need, but if you want to go low, and have a controllable ride, sometimes you gotta step up a bit.

Black Moon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry to tell you but there are no cheap alternatives except for the cheap ones Jon and a few others sell. Sorry but I forgot the name but if you ask anyone or do some research they are junk and fail every year or two. I think they have a lifetime warranty so if you don't mind taking them off and sending them back every year then go for them. If not get ready for an **** reaming. I took a blown front and rear to a Bilstein engineer who lives locally. He's working on a solution. He said the fronts are a no brainer but the rears with the threaded case will take some time. If an when he comes up with an alternative I'll post it.

If you have the money to blow then buy the KW's or Motons. Personally even if I could afford them I wouldn't spend the money for 4 coilovers. That's just my own opinion. Good luck.

As an afterthought the set up Vipair sells is very nice and offers a better spring then the low end Eibachs. They are also Eibachs (I believe) but the pro racing version and much better from everything I've read and been told.

OP
OP
E

ExplorerThis

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Don't get me wrong it's not that bad I was just wondering shock prices. It's only noticeable on bridge decks and construction areas. Other than that I think it rides better than stock. I'm holding monies out for the TVS idea.