Lowering Spring Caps

604SRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was on ebay and noticed that X-vipers is selling billet lowering spring caps that lower in 5/8" to 3/4"..does anyone on here have them on their car?? If so how was the install, how does it work?? I'm planning on installing KW's over the winter, if it only lowers it 3/4" it would be alright to get use to the car a little lower before I can it!!

Nine Ball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The factory caps are thicker, these lowering caps simply replace them. The caps are used to keep the coil spring on the shock. Installing them is the exact same process as installing lowering springs, so it isn't just a simple mod. All four coil-over shocks need to be removed, then you will need a coil spring compressor to get the caps off, and switched out.

redtanrt10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If your planning on going to KW's skip the expense of the caps. Your going to spend $500 plus to install and align, then your going to pay that again with the new set up.

michaelnouri

Enthusiast
Reaction score
put eibachs with the spring caps and get a great look, i think they look great and handle well.
150 spring caps, 300 eibachs, we can ship installed on a set of shocks, then you can install easily and mail your cores back.

Fast1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Do caps and springs kill the shocks on an '08? I heard it caused shock failure on the '06's , but have seen several people with them now with no problems. Does anyone know the real scoop?

Is it a great look that sacrifices the handling and reliability of the stock setup or is it an upgrade with the lower center of gravity and better spring rate?

Vipermann

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I had the lowering caps on an '05. They looked great ... lower, not toooo low (I don't like the slammed look). But for some reason, the rear seemed a lot more bouncier. I always thought I might just lower the front next time (I like a raked look). But I also kept the stock 18/19 tire sizes ... you'd need to go lower with lower profiles and 20s to balance the look (the height of the tire sidewall should never be less than the space above to the fender)

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
webironmongery