lowering springs

Slowsupratt

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Oh I am confussed, I just installed the front Eibach Springs and lowering caps and it only lowered the front approx half an inch. How can you possibly screw up an install like this? Is there something I should be looking for?:dunno::confused:

GTS1997

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Just curious, how much did you pay for the springs, and how much for labor?

OP
OP
S

Slowsupratt

Viper Owner
Reaction score
They might settle half an inch, but the eibachs should lower it an inch and the spring caps 5/8th of an inch.

I paid $250 for the springs $150ish for the caps and I'm doing the install myself.

OP
OP
S

Slowsupratt

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Yes I Did one turn on the fronts and will do half on the rear. It's a street driven car so I figured this would be the best settings. I highly doubt the springs will settle an inch though.

93Cobra

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Oh I am confussed, I just installed the front Eibach Springs and lowering caps and it only lowered the front approx half an inch. How can you possibly screw up an install like this? Is there something I should be looking for?:dunno::confused:

With Eibach springs and caps your car should be pretty low.

Attachments

• 4_11_09_003.jpg
    4_11_09_003.jpg
    100.4 KB · Views: 80
OP
OP
S

Slowsupratt

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Yeah I know, I have seen that picture and mine isn't sitting that low.

Oh, that's one thing I forgot to do. I torqued the nuts on without any load on the shocks/springs. Whats the best way to put load on them while still haveing access to the nuts/bolts to torque them?