Macedo Motorsports Proudly Introduces Our Viper Specific Racing Cooler

Larry Macedo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Macedo Motorsports is proud to offer exclusively to Viper owners the ability to cool your intake manifold without the hazard of dripping water on your vehicles sensitive electronics, nonetheless causing a mess in the staging lanes which will probably end up in your ejection from competition. Our cooler can be seen @ www.racingcoolers.com and can be ordered exclusively through Macedo Motorsports. This is a must have for anyone utilizing the Roe Supercharger during the blazing hot months of summer. If you have any technical questions or questions regarding pricing, please feel free to contact us at your leisure.

OP
OP
L

Larry Macedo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thank you for the input, Alan! The price wasn't set by M2, although just so you know, it's twice the size of the ZR1 or LS1 model. This system incorporates (2) coolers due to the size and weight of the bags which is why the cost is a bit higher. Thanks again!

Cudaman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Larry.....I will take one.... it is much bigger than the others. I guess I could buy 2 of the Camero ones??? But I guess the way the manufacturer looks at it ,is how many Camero or Vette are sold compared to Viper sales.

Look at the price of Viper headers compared to Camaro headers ..... you get 1/6 more product(8cy vs 10cy)for 800% to 1000% more cost.

Cudaman :usa:

Jerome Sparich

Enthusiast
Reaction score
These are for use only when racing correct? Not intended for "full time" like street use.

Cudaman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Isaac , I believe M2 it is an short version of M squared which a short version of Macedo Motorsports.

kverges

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can you say for sure that this will not adversely affect the rotor/housing clearance on supercharged cars? Does Sean Roe endorse this product to be put directly on the blower housing? I sure know Vortech recommends AGAINST putting ice on the housing of its supercharger due to tight impeller/housing clearancese and I have to think this could be an issue on the Roe blower.

If I am wrong, please advise. But I am concerned that the blower is a precision mechanical device, not just a cast plenum like an intake manifold. Differential cooling could shrink the housing too tightly to the rotor, I would think.

OP
OP
L

Larry Macedo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hello Keith,

Great question, Sir! I would imagine we've spent close to $50.00 on ice for Cudaman's car and we continually have no problems or ill effects, other than the dripping water on stock injector connectors and things of that nature. I can't say for sure or guarantee anything regarding expansion/contraction of dissimilar metals, I can only speak from experience, Sir.

OP
OP
L

Larry Macedo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Our introductory offer on the M2 Racing Cooler for Viper owners will be $378.95 plus shipping. We will be utilizing our prototype during the Norwalk event so people can psychically see the product and I'll be on hand to answer questions.

Cudaman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Keith ... I have used ice in between run to keep get rid of the "heat soaking affect".

The only issue that I have had is ice melts and goes on top of the intake. Before I run I have to go down return row give it full throttle hard to throw water off intake. This heats up engine again ..... but that is better than throwing water on starting line and ******* off track officials.

1TONY1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good luck, I bought the small one for the Viper a year ago. I have only used it once but have been using ice in one gallon freezer bags for four years on my s/c f-body. The heat transfer of the ice in bags is muuuuch better and with careful use it will not leak.......however it must be taken off before leaving the pits. If done correctly the racing cooler may be staying on through out the whole pass.

OP
OP
L

Larry Macedo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We used the Viper specific Cooler in Norwalk and didn't have to worry about water dripping all over the motor which was a plus for us, Tony. Unfortunately our Cooler can't be utilized while making a pass at your local dragstrip due to the lack of under hood clearance.

OP
OP
L

Larry Macedo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
These are for use only when racing correct? Not intended for "full time" like street use.

If the room were permitted, you could use this Cooler for road racing and things of that nature. The Coolers have been tested on other vehicles for 30 minute sprints and the product held up very well.

OP
OP
L

Larry Macedo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I haven't tried it with a stock intake manifold, but I will this coming weekend. Cudaman has my prototype and I'll have to beg him to borrow it for testing.

S

SUN RA KAT

Our introductory offer on the M2 Racing Cooler for Viper owners will be $378.95 plus shipping. We will be utilizing our prototype during the Norwalk event so people can psychically see the product and I'll be on hand to answer questions.

I was there at Norwalk and the M2 Racing Cooler was on Cudaman's Viper after every run. It is a first class product. Knowing how hot the Roe Supercharger gets after each run at the track, I'm sure Ward's great times had something to do with lowering the temperature of his S/C - that and he's a great driver.

When I went to the dyno earlier this year I picked up 50 rear wheel horsepower by letting my supercharger cool to below 100 degrees from the 150+ degrees it was after several runs. The M2 Racing Cooler should provide lots more cooling and it would be lots faster than waiting 45 minutes with a fan directed at my supercharger to lower the temperatures.

OP
OP
L

Larry Macedo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the props, Kenny! BTW, what did you find regarding fuel pressure, boost and the Air/Fuel on your car?

S

SUN RA KAT

Hi Larry!

I broke my right foot about a month ago, but it took 3 visits to the emergency room, 2 X-rays, and 1 bone scan to diagnose what was wrong with my foot. So, almost 3 weeks later I find my foot (except for my toes) in a cast that goes up my leg to just below my knee. And I was told I couldn't drive a car for 6-8 weeks!

So, I've not been able to take my Viper to the dyno...yet. Maybe around the start of December, if the snow gods are willing, I can finally get to a dyno.

I told my wife that I'd like it to be driven every two weeks to keep the battery up and she said "I'm not driving that Viper!"

My daughter, who is away at college, said she might give it a try when she comes home. She has never driven my Viper before and she is scared of it from the few times I've taken her on rides in it.

FE 065

Enthusiast
Reaction score
:( :eek: Sorry to hear about your foot Kenny! Get well soon! I'll be waiting to see the new dyno numbers when you're rid of that cast :)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Callaghen