2003-2006 Viper SRT-10 Roe Racing Supercharger Kit Revealed

redlineviper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Awesome work Sean. I realize this question is for someone who doesn't like to rev the engine past 5700rpm but do you think you will be able to test this or another car at the track to see what real world results are? I can easily say that many of us are very excited about this long awaited system and just want to know how it perfoms. Thanks and great work!:2tu:

jason427

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks great!
Filters look fine to me. Ill take function over looks anyday.
Jason

It would be nice to have another 2.8 blower in the garage :)

You must be registered for see images attach

Nader

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sean I see a valve cover breather on there. What are you doing with EGR valve? Do you run a seperate tank to catch oil vapor or dump it back into the manifold like the stock does?

black mamba1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gorgeous set up Sean! Looks really killer and I am sure the performance is simply insane.

Good work.

Scott_in_FL

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Beautiful job!!! I'm certainly in need of a speed fix, and now I need to decide on the options (Roe, Paxton, Heffner TT). Any 1/4 mile performance numbers yet? Or better yet, a video run b/w Roe and stock Paxton ;))

OP
OP
S

Sean Roe

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Awesome work Sean. I realize this question is for someone who doesn't like to rev the engine past 5700rpm but do you think you will be able to test this or another car at the track to see what real world results are? I can easily say that many of us are very excited about this long awaited system and just want to know how it perfoms. Thanks and great work!:2tu:

Sorry for the delay in responding.
I got back to Florida Saturday night and spent the last two days unloading and cleaning up everything (car, truck, house and property from the storm going on when I was about to leave).
I'll be back into the shop tomorrow morning after a dentist appt. Most of the day will be catching up from being out a week, but I'll get the dyno graph off the dyno PC showing what the car did without the SC.
Regarding track use, I'll spin it higher if needed, I just don't care to much because I want it to live a long time.
I'll probably take the car to one of the drag strip events or a test n tune night in the next few weeks. A lot of people asked "what's it do in the quarter" and I couldn't answer, so I need to do it.
Also, this was the shorter version, which I just barely got under the original hood with the trimming.
Hope everyone is enjoying the Labor Day holiday. Our shop was closed today.

Regards,
Sean

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
sean, ya might wanna look into coming down to the supercar shootout in bradenton. its in december.

DMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Note to self - beg, borrow, or steal 8 grand asap.

Not only great #'s, but I think the setup looks like it's right out of an exotic custom setup, like a work of art under the hood, and a manageable DIY install. Man, now I feel like I know why I never pulled the trigger on the Paxton. I've had 5 centri-charged cars, they were great, but I really prefer the down low power of the positive displacements, I can play with the power w/o having to rev the engine to upper RPMs, etc. And the look ... worth the wait, Sean, congrat's! Now, to find the money, hmm...

Nader

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Impressive power curve. Dying to hear some real world observations. Sean can you give us some insight?

MikeR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Note to self - beg, borrow, or steal 8 grand asap.

Not only great #'s, but I think the setup looks like it's right out of an exotic custom setup, like a work of art under the hood, and a manageable DIY install. Man, now I feel like I know why I never pulled the trigger on the Paxton. I've had 5 centri-charged cars, they were great, but I really prefer the down low power of the positive displacements, I can play with the power w/o having to rev the engine to upper RPMs, etc. And the look ... worth the wait, Sean, congrat's! Now, to find the money, hmm...

Not to take away from Roe, but everyone knocks the Paxton, but those that do havent driven one. There is NO lack of power. I think its great to see another competitor, but I was hoping to see more competton, higher hp numbers from the Roe.

A stock Paxton is making the same power from 3500 up, but the Roe is showing it barely reaches 600, yet a stock Paxton car pulls to 6k rpms easliy and makes about 630rwhp. Also, when looking at a graph I had, the Paxton car reached 500rwhp sooner then Roe car, 600 rwhpp sooner then Roe car. A little tuning and exhaust, which most will do and you have about 690rwhp. You will eat up a Roe SRT10. Especially on freeway roll ons. Everyone talks about power down low, but are you drag racing on the street. Doubt it. But when crusiing the freeway and drop a few gears, the Paxton will win. Unless your scared to rev it to 6k rpms. :confused: Now if there are some easy mods to get the Roe car to 650-700 rwhp like the Paxton, then its a whole new game.:2tu:

I have about 20k miles on mine,ILLSMOQ has almost 20K miles on his, 2002ACRJon has like 22k miles on his. These cars have been driven hard, see the track and redline often. And they are still rock solid. So when I hear people say I want power down low, who wants to have to rev it like a Paxton to feel the power, you just dont know. You honestly dont want to shift when driving a Paxton car, it just keeps pulling. Its a awesome feeling. The Roe looks to have a good curve, but only hitting 600 rwhp, isnt goin to do it. Thats 100 more then most N/A, lightly modded Vipers. Where as with Paxton, I now have about 190 rwhp additional.

We have one buddy in our Viper group still N/A. Would love to see him get the Roe, so we could compare. But I think Roe needs to bum,p it up a hair. Hopefully someone in Cali will get one, so we can do some unbiased , real world playing.:drive:

Shandon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes I would like to see at least a paxton dyno overlay on the roe. Im sure a set of headers and cat delete will send the roe setup into the 630 or so curve but stock vs stock with a paxton and roe would be nice to see and then get some real world results. Even if both were the same the looks of the roe to me are awsome!

HI-NOS-Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes I would like to see at least a paxton dyno overlay on the roe. Im sure a set of headers and cat delete will send the roe setup into the 630 or so curve but stock vs stock with a paxton and roe would be nice to see and then get some real world results. Even if both were the same the looks of the roe to me are awsome!
Took the words right out of my mouth, still waiting to see the graph overlay between the two with same mods.

DMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not to take away from Roe, but everyone knocks the Paxton, but those that do havent driven one. There is NO lack of power. I think its great to see another competitor, but I was hoping to see more competton, higher hp numbers from the Roe.

Sorry, didn't mean to come across knocking the Paxton, I've had 3 Paxton setups, all DIY's on various cars, plus Procharger & Vortech. The Paxton is a great setup.

Just giving some kudos to Sean on what looks like a work of art under the hood, & happens to make great numbers. 600rwhp is my magic number, had it, love it, want it, anymore is just icing on the HP cake to me.

I'll be interested in seeing the installation instructions, having done several centri's and one pos disp, the latter was way easier to do. I got the Paxton instructions about a yr ago & they're not too bad, but not easy for sure. The Roe maybe nearly bolt-on, but we'll see. And, hey, what better reason to invest in getting an 08 hood! :headbang:

Coloviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
For us guys who like to drive at "Train-Level" low RPMs the Roe will be great because it will pull from way down low. I am not much for screaming the car. I have had Paxton's and Vortechs and Whipples, etc. All have advantages, etc.

For me and my driving style I would use more of the power from the Roe down low. Also, you MUST beef up the exhaust to get full advanatges. More air in means more exhuast out.

For me, the rwhp difference is worth the price of admission. It is is 100% reliable, I don't need to squeeze out every single hp as I don't get hard looking at dyno sheets. It is still a good bump in rwhp. 600 rwhp is pretty insane, if it is very reliable and not tempermental. At that point it is just like adding cubic inches.

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi Sean. What is your best guess when the kit will actually be available? Tall kit? Short kit?

MikeR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Sadly, the Roe car wont be anywhere near this Paxton car......

ROEVPAXTON.jpg

MikeR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
So does anyone know how much more weight the Roe system adds. The Paxton is roughly 80lbs or so. Just curious for comparison.

Paul Hawker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was lucky enough to be at the VOI.X in Detroit when Sean unveiled this system.

It is knock out your eyes beautiful. Looks well thought out, and of obvious high quality stuff.

Viper owners are blessed to be able to choose between the two different supercharger systems, as well as single or dual turbochargers.

Think Sean is going to sell a ton of these.

RedSrt007

Enthusiast
Reaction score

A stock Paxton is making the same power from 3500 up, but the Roe is showing it barely reaches 600, yet a stock Paxton car pulls to 6k rpms easliy and makes about 630rwhp. Also, when looking at a graph I had, the Paxton car reached 500rwhp sooner then Roe car, 600 rwhpp sooner then Roe car. A little tuning and exhaust, which most will do and you have about 690rwhp. You will eat up a Roe SRT10. Especially on freeway roll ons. Everyone talks about power down low, but are you drag racing on the street. Doubt it. But when crusiing the freeway and drop a few gears, the Paxton will win. Unless your scared to rev it to 6k rpms. :confused: Now if there are some easy mods to get the Roe car to 650-700 rwhp like the Paxton, then its a whole new game.:2tu:

I have about 20k miles on mine,ILLSMOQ has almost 20K miles on his, 2002ACRJon has like 22k miles on his. These cars have been driven hard, see the track and redline often. And they are still rock solid. So when I hear people say I want power down low, who wants to have to rev it like a Paxton to feel the power, you just dont know. You honestly dont want to shift when driving a Paxton car, it just keeps pulling. Its a awesome feeling. The Roe looks to have a good curve, but only hitting 600 rwhp, isnt goin to do it. Thats 100 more then most N/A, lightly modded Vipers. Where as with Paxton, I now have about 190 rwhp additional.

We have one buddy in our Viper group still N/A. Would love to see him get the Roe, so we could compare. But I think Roe needs to bum,p it up a hair. Hopefully someone in Cali will get one, so we can do some unbiased , real world playing.:drive:

Man.....way to piss on someones Wheaties :crazy2: Ive owned a Paxton, Roe (gen2) and now T76 TT Gen 2...so had my experience is with all. Its truly hard to compare a Positive displacement blower with a Centrifugal (or TT); two COMPLETELY different powerbands. A Paxton car vs a 2.8 TS (on a 8.3L) on the freeway, the paxton car has way more advantage due to the nature (and size) of the blower (the TS is also limited by hood clearances). Just as a TS vs a Paxton @ the 1/8 (used 1/8 because of the extreme advantage) track has the advantage to the TS....

Congrats Sean on all the hard work put into it, hope it has good results in the future :headbang: your time and effort show.

Shandon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here's the shop car dyno comparison, tuned with VEC3 in naturally aspirated trim versus SC with SCT.

You must be registered for see images

Looking close at the roe Gen III dyno sean posted. The numbers from 2-3.5Krpm are almost 80rwtq more in what most people drive. I agree from your dyno over 3K the paxton starts to realy shine. None the less I think these are just showing the differences over the two systems. I definitly like the paxton setup and its hard to beat but the twin screw setup has some benefits down low where a lot of people drive. Not that the paxton makes nothing down low but just not as much.

The weight will be interesting to see since the big clunky air intake is removed to counter for some of the weight and its back a bit farther.

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have had an 8lb Roe in a Gen II and I now have a Paxton in a Gen III. Any difference down low is easily made up by gear choice and use of the gas pedal. Of the two, the Paxton is much easier to drive down low. Why? Because higher RPMs are ncessary to get into the real power and you have complete control over that factor. When the power comes in at 1800 RPM, any error with the go pedal can cause a major loss of traction. On the other hand, if you have the driving skills to control that loss of traction and you do not mind burning up your tires, the Roe car can be used to scare the daylights out of a friend that wants a ride when you are only going from zero to 40. ( Of course with warmed up tires in a safe area with no traffic coming or going.) I used to do this by breaking the rear completely lose and floating it by using anti skid steering. More than once I heard a shreak with the words: " Ok!! I believe you!!"

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
its a different animal and in my opinion used differently. i personally would rather NOT have all that torque down low, the viper has plenty as it is. they both look great but different and its hard to say one looks better than the other. for my style of driving and racing the paxton fits me better in MY opinion. now the gen 3 guys have another option to power-up and thats a good thing. i have a feeling sean really worked his butt off on this version and its gonna be good right out of the box, congrats to him !

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
the absolute reason so many viper get wrecked is that crazy torque they come with from the factory. now throw on a ROE and its even harder to control. half of the viper owners cant handle what they have now, whats gonna happen with the addition of the Roe

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sean - here is a Paxton file on a Dynojet for you to overlay. Stock except Mopar Race exhaust.

I have many more if you need them.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Callaghen