made a proposition to AUTOart

serpent

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So I emailed AUTOart suggesting they make a 1:18 Scale model of the Viper ACR. It goes a little something like this:

serpent said:
Hello, I would like to request a 1:18 Scale Model AUTOart should make and would sell quiet well.
The 2010 Dodge Viper ACR, recently broke the lap record at Laguna Seca set by a Viper-based car.
Also in 2008 the Viper ACR broke the production car record at the Nurburgring.

The ACR has been breaking many lap records for production cars on different race tracks around the world. To celebrate, AUTOart can make some models. They have some menacing color combination and it would be great to see AUTOart make a 1:18 Scale Dodge Viper ACR.

Here is a link of some of those color combinations:
BJ Motors - Used Dodge Vipers, Dodge Viper Trucks

Thank You for your time and consideration.

Just letting you guys know, whoever might be interested. I really hope they follow through, I can own my very own Viper ACR without having to save up for the next couple of years!
:drive:

Last edited:
OP
OP
S

serpent

Enthusiast
Reaction score
LOL, you can say that again.
no joke i will probably by 2, one for home and one for the office.

one day there will be a 1:1 scale in my driveway :D

JerryTheBanker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Count me in for at least two! One for the office and one for home! In Very Viper Orange & Solid Black Stripe!:2tu:
It's about time one of the die cast model companies stepped up!

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
That would be cool. Greg Phillips set a new Street tire record at Race City in Calgary when he used his STOCK ACR to beat the old Gallardo 1000rwhp record! He'll take a few. Any chance these models could come with a list of record breakers???

Ted

OP
OP
S

serpent

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ok, so i got rejected TWICE.
I guess the Chinese don't care too much for American cars.
(Hong Kong based)

honestly i chose AUTOart because it is at the high-end of affordable 1:18 scale die cast cars.
i have come to a couple of conclusions:
1: they wont delve into a venture no other diecast company has (make 08 and up vipers)
2: they are only interested in european cars (porsche, ferraris, lamborghinis etc)
3: they truly believe they wont make a profit off of making the viper acrs or IV vipers for that matter.

Maybe if more people emailed: [email protected] (AUTOart's contact email) those hard headed fools would change their minds.

I'm a member at other forums too, and the only reason (besides loving vipers) i would even make a proposition is because i knew car enthusiasts (especially american car enthusiasts) LOVE vipers and would own one in a heartbeat if they could afford it. What better way to get closer to the car you love by owning a detailed scale model it. It also doesnt hurt to own the real thing and admire it at work while its winter time sitting on your desk and the real thing at home sitting in the garage.

Viper #53

Viper Owner
Reaction score
AutoArt makes Viper GTS-R, Comp Coupe, SRT coupe and SRT convertible models in 1/18 scale. I have some GTS-R models and they are fantastic. They have a number of American sports cars (corvette, shelby, etc.) They just produced the gorgeous Ford GR-1 in unpainted aluminum finish. Best prototype Ford ever made, too bad they didn't manufacture it. Would look good next to my Viper.

AUTOart -

James Taylor

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I saw the Shebly GR1 at the Vancouver auto show and I agree, that is one sweet looking car. I like that Shelby car as much as my GTS! It was supposed to be a V10 - hopefully not the slug Ford pickup V10 though.

Ted

InjectTheVenom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Exactly what I was expecting that would happen. I even asked them for a movie edition of the SRT-C they already have in production but no such luck....
We are better off with custom manufacturers, I believe GMP Diecast will start something up if the asking person can show them that there is enough demand in the market to warranty the extensive/expensive prototyping/production process.

GuitarSteve

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow.....just checked the AutoArt website....They could be building the GenIV car, but they're too busy building Mazda3s and CX-7s...I'm a Mazda3 owner, and even I think they should offer the ACR instead of Mazdaspeed3s!!!!

VIPER GTSR 91

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ok, so i got rejected TWICE.
I guess the Chinese don't care too much for American cars.
(Hong Kong based)

honestly i chose AUTOart because it is at the high-end of affordable 1:18 scale die cast cars.
i have come to a couple of conclusions:
1: they wont delve into a venture no other diecast company has (make 08 and up vipers)
2: they are only interested in european cars (porsche, ferraris, lamborghinis etc)
3: they truly believe they wont make a profit off of making the viper acrs or IV vipers for that matter.

Maybe if more people emailed: [email protected] (AUTOart's contact email) those hard headed fools would change their minds.

I'm a member at other forums too, and the only reason (besides loving vipers) i would even make a proposition is because i knew car enthusiasts (especially american car enthusiasts) LOVE vipers and would own one in a heartbeat if they could afford it. What better way to get closer to the car you love by owning a detailed scale model it. It also doesnt hurt to own the real thing and admire it at work while its winter time sitting on your desk and the real thing at home sitting in the garage.
Thanks for your effort. no. 2 says it all.

TAILWAG

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a few contacts at that company in the product development department. It is a numbers game. I bet if you could guarantee a minimum of 250 pieces to be sold, they would pursue it further.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Viper123456