Made the move today!

carguy07

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Been looking around for a long time and finnaly stepped up today. Bought a 1995 emerald green with tan interior, last 300 side pipes, 1,350 one owner miles. Drove it around for a few hours tonight. Lots of fun! Lots of looks! The torque is phenominal. Reminds me of a Buick GN on full boil. Seems like I have a lot of driveline lash though. I am assuming it is normal to buck a lot in low gears when your off the throttle? Would a switch to 3.45 gears fix this? Anyway, can't wait for a warm day to enjoy my new family member. Thanks, Keith Woodall.

Craig 201 MPH

Enthusiast
Reaction score
CONGRATS!

Yes they do buck like a bronco kicked in the @ss at low speed, you'll adjust your driving accordingly. I dunno if 3:54's will help, no experience in that department.

Congrats, you got a great combo! Now PICS!!!!

Craig

Greg W

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Check the throttle linkage synch. Lot's of stories with GEN 1. This adjustment had a big difference for me, '94 RT/10. Still bucks, but better.

Greg W

GCHDEALER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mine too bucked for the first week or so and then I learned to drive it and the buck stopped. This is the first car that I had to learn to drive since I was 12 years old back on the old Farm Tractor.(My 1st 5 spd) :D
Congrats on ownership and welcome.
Chad

BigCarrot

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think you made a good choice! Those other two cars were worrying me a little. Now that is LOW miles! You may need to syncronize the throttle bodies. They all buck, but that may help.

LarryJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congrats! I'll be looking for you around town Keith. By the way, was it a local car? The owner of the old Hartville Dodge where I bought mine owned a green rt/10. He seemed like a pretty good guy.

malcoll

Enthusiast
Reaction score
1350 miles, what the hell did the previous guy do with it? Hee hee.

Congrats!

Apparently not very much? That is sad..... if he was the original owner... he lost his depreciation money... and obviously did not enjoy the Viper much.

Too Bad...... Keith will enjoy it more! Congrats!
Lance

OP
OP
C

carguy07

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I think this is the Hartville Dodge owner's car. I think this car was in his showroom for years. Then a private owner bought it and only drove it to shows. Story I got was something like that. I have to go back to the dealer (Thomas Classics) and get the window sticker and all the old documentation. I plan to drive it as much as I can, but realistically that is only 1000-1500 miles a year in Ohio! Do any of you Ohio guys get together much?

MR VENOM

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Check the throttle linkage synch. Lot's of stories with GEN 1. This adjustment had a big difference for me, '94 RT/10. Still bucks, but better

Ditto for mine. Did the throttle linkage synch. (see how to at top of page) and no more "bucking" for me. Easy to do.

ACR Joe

Enthusiast
Reaction score
IMO, green/tan is the most attractive color combination ever offered. I had a 94 ZR-1 with the same color combination. I wish I could have afforded to keep that car and the Viper.

Steve 00RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I plan to drive it as much as I can, but realistically that is only 1000-1500 miles a year in Ohio!

Congratulations on the car!.....but I'm probably 600 miles(or more) to the north of you and I get about 8,000 miles per season. I'm disappointed if I don't get that many. Our car is not out yet, but real close. Still have a foot of snow in the yard.

1350 miles, what the hell did the previous guy do with it? Hee hee.

Congrats!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Apparently not very much? That is sad..... if he was the original owner... he lost his depreciation money... and obviously did not enjoy the Viper much.

Too Bad...... Keith will enjoy it more! Congrats!
Lance

Couldn't agree more..Drive it and enjoy it!

Steve

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang