Maintaining Battery Tender

LADD

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is it alright to plug in the extender to the battery connections under the hood?Or should I run it directly to the battery with the permanent wire that comes with the unit?

Peter A

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have mine hooked into the terminals under the hood with the quick connect hanging just inside the gill. I just reach in (after the engine cools) and hook it up. Been doing this for 7 years with no problems.

Ron

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The underhood positive and frame ground just below are fine. Exactly what they are designed for.

Hisserman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I mounted my tender permanently to use the front connections. The mount came with the tender and I used an existing bolt in the car. When I need to use it I reach into the "gill" and attach an extension cord. Works beautifully!

6594Schumacher-med.jpg

AndyR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
And to think I have been crawling under the car to plug mine in all this time! :) Time to move up to the front of the class.

Steve Miehe

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Per Hisserman's photo, the exact same tender will mount on the bottom bolt that holds the windshield washer bottle to the inner fender well. That's where I mounted mine and the wires run perfectly to the appropriate connection points.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Axial32