maintaining your viper

Ulysses

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'ld say that your daily maintenance is more a daily check up. Check the fluids, check and make sure that the power steering cap is tight, etc.

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just like any other car except with llllloooovvvvveeee.

Fluid changes, grease fittings, brake changes, plugs, plug wires, etc.

If you want some help you're welcome to cruise to Tampa and I'll help out. Winghouse afterwards.
smile.gif

MadMaxx

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Common sense will lead to the long life of ANY car. Just remember these easy steps:
You can't work on an empty stomach right? Keep the fuel filter clean and plenty of gas in the tank.

Can you live without air? Keep the air filters cleaned.

Can you run on rocks without shoes? Check your tires, as they are your only link to the road

You can't live without blood. Oil is the lifeblood of the car, and it requires a check now and again, and a change @3K. Simple right?

Do you like being worked ******* a hot summers day? Heat is what kills motors and transmissions. Keep your cooling system optimum, and change your gear oils on at suggested intervals (most commonly missed maintanence).

These cars are very strait forward...Just take your time and use your head! There is nothing magical about how a car works.. the only magic is WHEN it works
laugh.gif

MM

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
I think that you'll have a blast working on your Viper...AFTER you get a service manual. Ask a LOT of questions here as well.

Interestingly, the cooling system seems to get VERY LITTLE service among our Club's membership... something about "sealed at the factory"....BAD MISTAKE !!!

As you do first one job, then the next, etc. , you will really get to know and appreciate your Viper.. which leads to a fun and safe long term relationship.