Major Change in the Garage Gen IV replaced a Gen II

OP
OP
A

am.mscl

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The 1 we bought was on eBay Tuesday and we bought it on Monday. I guess viper exchange had not removed it yet. Now the have another blk w SSG center and and blk driver stripe for sale and it has the signatures and everything also.
We asked Bernie about the one blk and one SSG wing caps and he just said that was how they planned them. We thought they should have both been green or both black.

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
When my 2010 'Ring ACR arrived it had a PAINTED wing not the exposed carbon fiber wing that was in all the pictures on Tomballs lot and on the actual 'Ring car. Bernie had no explanation why and said he had no knowledge of it. I insisted it get switched out. I would get a black endplate if I was you.

Endplates always match the color of the fenders and quarter panels without exception.

ACRucrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The exception is these special ACRs they do not match after they were "ringed"

I would leave it just the way it is. I like the how the black endplate matches the black stanchion/stripe and the green endplate matches the green stanchion on the green portion of the car. It's something different!

Beautiful car!

Last edited:

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The exception is these special ACRs they do not match after they were "ringed"
I would leave it just the way it is. I like the how the black endplate matches the black stanchion/stripe and the green endplate matches the green stanchion on the green portion of the car. It's something different!

Wrong. The silver ACR with Ring badging clearly has two black end plates. It's on the website. The end plates match the fender colors. As it should. Why would you not duplicate the car that went to the 'Ring.

ACRucrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wrong. The silver ACR with Ring badging clearly has two black end plates. It's on the website. The end plates match the fender colors. As it should. Why would you not duplicate the car that went to the 'Ring.

Says that guy who painted his black center stripe red.

The answer is who cares? The car is a custom paint scheme low production car, which was made even more custom after they "ringed" it. And by "ringed" I referred to what Tomball did to the car not what ViperJon thinks.

The cars will come with a copy of the signatures on the wing, custom embroidered floor mats, windshield visors and ring end plates, and a badge signifying the record run and collectible literature telling the story. These cars are equipped with custom embroidered floor mats and a special paint scheme.

Did the car that go to the ring have the signatures on the wing? Did they have stitching on the headrest or floor mats? Who cares if one end plate is black and one green. If the guy wants to change it fine, if not fine.

Here is the ssg AT the ring with both green endplates.. Soooo.... maybe he should make them both green?!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=7E3limLHhzw

You must be registered for see images

Once again am.mscl, beautiful car! Quite the upgrade from the Gen II ACR!

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Says that guy who painted his black center stripe red.

The answer is who cares?

I don't care, just pointing out (as a previous owner quite familiar with the cars) that the re-badged cars do NOT all have different colored endplates which you stated as fact.
My red stripe was just vinyl, I wouldn't have painted it on have to be ACRustupid to do that.

Bird325

Enthusiast
Reaction score
WOW! I was confused when you were getting rid of your Sapphire ACR, but now I understand why. Beautiful car ... Congratulations!

MtnBiker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Friggin awesome car! I wanted one of those "ringed" ACR's (black/.silver) but my awesome wife wanted the B/W coupe. I am good with it too.

OP
OP
A

am.mscl

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The detail came out great and was done by Falcon detailing here local to Austin. I am not sure if they will go to SA or not. If not Dust2Glory does great work also.
The paint is very smooth feeling and the black looks very wet.
The interior and engine bay got cleaned up extremely will.

OP
OP
A

am.mscl

Enthusiast
Reaction score

ACRucrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Stunning! That green and black endplate look great ;)

Clear bra, stat!

OP
OP
A

am.mscl

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wife talked with Xpel today about having entire car done. Get a 10% VCA discount!
Actually going to the manufactures shop/plant.

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Car looks great and even better in person no doubt, I know mine did.

kickinasp

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is that a real 1969 Pontiac Trans Am convertible in the background????????

Richie7

Viper Owner
Reaction score
So what are you going to do with that car? Weekend toy? Garage queen? Track monster? It's almost to beautiful to drive but an ACR needs to rip up the track

OP
OP
A

am.mscl

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So what are you going to do with that car? Weekend toy? Garage queen? Track monster? It's almost to beautiful to drive but an ACR needs to rip up the track
It will be a weekend toy for cruises through the Hill Country. We might make to some Weekend Track driving schools. We are not big car show fans but might go to some special ones.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jpolen21