May 2009 Event

got one

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Fellow Driver,

It’s that time again…time to give back with our cars that give us so much enjoyment. This year we are mixing it up and will be looking at bringing some much needed relief, happiness and some good mental time away from it all…to our wounded soldiers. That’s right, our Veterans who have been wounded and have returned home will be looking forward to seeing all of our cars shined up and ready to fly at a charity car show event down in San Antonio (North Side). A flyer has been attached. There will be approximately 50 of our wounded soldiers and their families out at the car show that day. Right now there are requests in with the Spurs Organization to have a Silver Star player, and the Spurs Cheerleaders come out and make a visit as well as a request for David Robinson to come out. We would like to provide an unforgettable day of fun for the soldiers. There will also be having a Warriors Choice Award that the soldiers will vote for and present. I am sure the Texas Viper Club and Hill Country Drives will more than make their day!!! Right now we will have 30 spots reserved for us…but let’s try and bump that up a bit J

We will start off from the brand new (and formally opened by the time we meet) Aston Martin, Bentley and Lotus dealership here in town…John Eagle European. So, bring those cameras and get ready to see some really nice cars and meet some really great folks!

This May 16th, we have a packed day full of great opportunities that we don’t see all the time:
1. Get a chance to bring happiness and smiles to our returning wounded soldiers AND their families.
2. Short drive to San Antonio to see what all those guys are ranting about ;)
3. Personal tour of the new Aston Martin, Lotus and Bentley dealership located right here in Austin!
4. Of course, a great scenic cruise with likeminded folks through the hill country J

Our San Antonio groups are always asking us to make the short trip down…and this time we won’t disappoint. Details below:

When:
Saturday, May 16th
Meet at 9:00am and leave at 9:30am

Where:
Meeting Place: 12989 Research Blvd, Austin, Tx .

Lunch:
Lunch will be available on site at the car show

The HCD Group,
www.hillcountrydrives.com

Ryan Fox

Tere

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Are we supposed to fill out the car show registration or are we just doing a Viper/exotic display, i.e., not showing?

What route are y'all taking to SA, so the SA folks can hook up with y'all at some point and arrive together?

OP
OP
got one

got one

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Are we supposed to fill out the car show registration or are we just doing a Viper/exotic display, i.e., not showing?

What route are y'all taking to SA, so the SA folks can hook up with y'all at some point and arrive together?

Good question and I meant to put it in the email...when I do the reminder i'll include it. You don't have to fill out the informaiton. It will be a drive in car show for our group with donations on site if you wish.

We are finalizing the route and will send it to you San Antonio folks when completed. :)

Tere

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cool! We might be able to do a little cruise and hook up with y'all around the half-way point. The sooner you can get me the route, the sooner I can lay out a route for the SA folks and we can publicize both together. Thanks Ryan! :):drive::)

OP
OP
got one

got one

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cool! We might be able to do a little cruise and hook up with y'all around the half-way point. The sooner you can get me the route, the sooner I can lay out a route for the SA folks and we can publicize both together. Thanks Ryan! :):drive::)

Will have something to you San Antonio folks this weekend :) cross your fingers the weather holds out :)

OP
OP
got one

got one

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just a few days away!!!!

Just a couple of points of clarification:
1. San Antonio folks, feel encouraged to go ahead and meet us at 12 noon at the intersection of highway 281 and 46 (there is a gas station on the corner by an HEB).
2. Austin folks, we are meeting at the new Aston Martin and Bentley dealership on 163 next to Sail and Ski.
3. There is no required registration to participate. We will be simply arriving and showing but not competing. Onsite donations however, can be made.

FYI, the wounded soldiers of been told of our arrival and are very excited to be able to see some exotic cars (most of which they have never seen up close)…so we will be doing a great service to the folks who laid down their lives to protect ours.

Thanks and see you next Saturday!

VicTxV10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks! Meet you guys at noon at 281/46. ViperGal's brother may be coming up with me. He just moved to Victoria.

OP
OP
got one

got one

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Folks,
A couple of quick points about tomorrow:
1. IF raining tomorrow, the drive out to the car show will be cancelled.
2. The car show will be at the intersection of 410 and I-35 if you want to head out…but as of right now the weather forecast calls for rain there as well (but not as likely). Updating forecast links are below.
a. Round Rock: Round Rock, Texas (78681) Conditions & Forecast : Weather Underground
b. San Antonio: San Antonio, Texas (78201) Conditions & Forecast : Weather Underground
3. Please call me if you have any questions or concerns. 512.565.2094
Thanks and keep those fingers crossed that the weather holds for us and troops!
Ryan

Tere

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cloudy today, but no rain. That will keep the temps down a little.

Sunday is when the thunderstorms move into the picture.

Hopefully, a few little clouds won't stop the fair weather Vipers. The slate snake runs rain or shine! :):drive::)

VicTxV10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Forecast is calling for 50%-60% rain starting around 10AM this morning for rest of the day. The show may be canceled before I even get up there from Victoria.

Tere

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Saw the sun for a bit this morning, but clouded back up a little.

So I guess y'all are calling off the trip down from Austin today???

The slate snake is ready to go if y'all are going to brave it.

08VIPER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Still lots of Sun here in New Braunfels. I'll meet anyone who still may arriving from "up North" at 281 & 46 around noon. Give me a shout on the cell if you like, 210 860-2114. :drive:

Kenny G.

Tere

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well Eddie (FastZilla) and I made it. We had three Elises make it down from Austin. Kenny almost made it -- he drove by on his way back to New Braunfels.

Only slightly damp... (an understatement)

The show is rescheduled for Saturday, May 30th. Details will be posted on Welcome

08VIPER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Woo Wee. That was some crazy rain. :crazy2: Made it to 281 & 46 where the rain dumped on me like my poor snake has never felt. Downpour didn't stop LE from still running radar parked at the gas station where we met FastZilla. FastZilla and I drove :drive: south to see if Cowboys Dance hall was dry. The skies look favorable to the south. Just as we broke out the rain we were overtaken again and soaked everything everywhere. :rain: I turned tail and headed for the safety of our garage.

We tried but it just wasn't meant to be. I caught a glimpse of another snake behind me while heading back on 410 before they peeled off. Not sure who it was but tried to wave. :ciao:

We'll give it a another try May 30th.:2tu:

Kenny G.

Tere

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The slate snake was behind you Kenny. Eddie and I did the turnaround and went back to Cowboys.

Sorry I missed the wave, I was a little too focused on the road (or more appropriately the river).

Had to chuckle at one Z-06 guy who said he was going to leave TC on for the trip home -- I gripped an imaginary steering wheel and told him this is my traction control.

Big Mac

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I might even be back home by then... I was hoping to make this one but I am still in GA... and it's raining here too!

OP
OP
got one

got one

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I might even be back home by then... I was hoping to make this one but I am still in GA... and it's raining here too!

hopefully so! Damn, Scott...you don't write, you don't call...it's like that last run didn't mean anything to you...sniff...sniff....

Cmon back son...before it gets too hot!

RevHeat

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Had to chuckle at one Z-06 guy who said he was going to leave TC on for the trip home -- I gripped an imaginary steering wheel and told him this is my traction control.[/quote]

I ran at TWS in the pouring down rain once in my 96 GTS during a ViperDays event. I would have done more then chuckle, I an glad I was not there, I would have said somthing rude.

Rev

Tere

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We ought to enter the show. They had a ton of trophies.

Can't let the Z-06 boys take all that iron home! There were 5-6 Z-06s there. We definitely need to get at least double that in Vipers! :)

LOL... I even brought my pilot's helmet along for show -- set it on the intake airbox or something... :)

Attachments

• usaf1.jpg
    usaf1.jpg
    6.8 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:

Big Mac

Viper Owner
Reaction score
hopefully so! Damn, Scott...you don't write, you don't call...it's like that last run didn't mean anything to you...sniff...sniff....

Cmon back son...before it gets too hot!

I am neck deep in work and we've been getting storms here about once a week. I'm usually good at answering my phone while working... but if you want I can call you sometime when I finish my paperwork for the day about Midnight EST. LOL

The money is good though... went to Ringgold a couple weeks ago... momma liked the white/red 09 Vert there...