MCVO Separates from National VCA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smog Dog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
First sentence in the email which was received this morning by 170+ Motor City members:

A New Club Direction

The MCVO Board of Directors has unanimously voted to separate from the National Viper Club of America.

Bill

TowDawg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
With the silence going on and talk slowing down slightly, it feels like the current admin is waiting on this "blow over" and maybe make a few tweaks, which would allow them to stay in control. That scares the hell out of me.
I know that people are saying there is work being done behind the scenes, and that Lee (if not some others) have "lawyered up", but it seems it would be pretty easy for the *** to have already booted at least Lee and removed the Marshall's (and C2C) from anything having to do with the club or VPA (including management and publishing duties) and stopped any payments to them.
If basically a total overhaul of all involved is not announced soon, I think there will be a LOT of local groups that officially pull out of nationals. It's a shame that a car club can have so many issues that anyone in power feels the need for a lawyer rather than just stepping down. That could be a very bad sign about some things that have gone on that they really don't want to come to light.

sun diego

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congrats to the Motor City for putting the pressure on!! I hope more follow. The silence isn't working. They haven't even freed Jon B. That could have been decided days ago.

Timmer

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I am proud to be a member of the MCVO and applaud our leadership in making this decision.

I, personally, think this is long overdue and am glad to give my full support in the new direction they are taking.

Timnineside

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am proud to be a member of the MCVO and applaud our leadership in making this decision.

I, personally, think this is long overdue and am glad to give my full support in the new direction they are taking.

I seen the email come in as well. I have not been a member long however the events I have attended and the people I have met make the MCVO a great group to be apart of. I was hoping that the issues with the VCA wouldn't trickle down to create problems on the local level. Also in the letter it says we will not be paying as much annually (No more padding the wallets of others).

I think this is great news and needs to spread. I'd assume other groups will follow and I believe the MCVO is setting a great example.

-Tim

sun diego

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I applaud the motor City group for taking quick and decisive action, unlike the national ***.

virginiavenom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
good for you all. one step. the question is, who will follow the example being set here next?

LifeIsGood

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm sure other clubs will be doing the same...wouldn't be at all surprised if the Colorado/Utah/Wyoming/Idaho club made a decision to do the same.

Richard Koch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I wonder how many clubs have already departed, but not posted. I have noticed that there is no Oregon Club to the south of us. I think that clubs leaving will keep the pressure on to clean up the mess in VCA. It would be wonderful to have a real car club again.

OP
OP
S

Smog Dog

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Tim--+1 . I, too, am proud to be a member of the MCVO and also fully support the board and the new direction we as a club are taking. The presidents of many, if not all of the other regions have known this was coming.

Bill

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Interesting. Does this mean that MCVO and its members will not be supporting the magazine, the raffles and VOIs? How will this work going forward?

propsail

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sad times. Maybe a new nation will be reborn from the ashes. So what happens with your individual memberships? Do they just run out?

virginiavenom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Interesting. Does this mean that MCVO and its members will not be supporting the magazine, the raffles and VOIs? How will this work going forward?

why support a magazine? do we truly need a magazine? why support a raffle? do we truly need raffles? why support VOIs? IE pay money for someone to do an event and then have to pay a bunch of money to get in anyway. example, viperalley, which has no dues etc. is having our first supercar shootout all invited, no members only jackets required. anyone with a viper/supercar can attend. it's sponsored, it's a track rental etc. and it's pretty cheap at about 150$ I believe. why besides a way to organize are dues really needed?

sun diego

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I wonder how many clubs have already departed, but not posted. I have noticed that there is no Oregon Club to the south of us. I think that clubs leaving will keep the pressure on to clean up the mess in VCA. It would be wonderful to have a real car club again.
I believe the Oregon club was shuttered by National for it's support of Jon B and assigned the members to Nor Cal and Washington, depending on location. There are probably many potential Viper club members in Oregon if this settles out satisfactorily.

Timmer

Viper Owner
Reaction score

What magazine - aren't we way behind on magazines already? Didn't we just get one that was 6 months or more overdue?

VOI = Viper Owners International, not VCA Member. It is my understanding that the only requirement to attend VOI is, and has always been, simply to be a Viper owner.

Raffle - I would never purchase another ticket from national after the most recent fiasco anyway. No loss here...

Last edited:

ACRucrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What magazine - aren't we way behind on magazines already? Didn't we just get one that was 6 months or more overdue?

VOI = Viper Owners International, not VCA Member. It is my understanding that the only requirement to attend VOI is, and has always been, simply to be a Viper owner.

Raffle - I would never purchase another ticket from national after the most recent fiasco anyway. No loss here...

Took the words outta my mouth.

OP
OP
S

Smog Dog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sad times. Maybe a new nation will be reborn from the ashes. So what happens with your individual memberships? Do they just run out?

Individual memberships run out at the end of the year. MCVO members will be able to pay their dues at the MCVO website, www.mcvo.net. Dues are $85 per year. Anyone who wants to have a MCVO membership and also belong to the National VCA could probably do so. You would have to pay dues both places and National VCA would either direct you to a neighboring club (like what happened in Oregon) or maybe they would try to form a new club in Michigan, to compete with MCVO---good luck with that.

Bill

SlateEd

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is sad...

i'm reminded of a movie quote: "Why should I have to change, when he's the one who *****?"

troublemaker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This has taken on a life of its own and can't and won't be stopped. It's in the Attorneys best interest to have this go slowly, they make more money. I will assume the fees are being paid for by the club and will just about bleed it dry before its done. The club is decaying, and it will continue to decay. It really p!sses me off that I finally joined and now it's in this state. I really don't think much will be saved by the time it's done. It's time for somebody to step up and create a new one just like they did with this one. As far as VPA goes, can it just be liquidated to the highest bidder? The *** seems to be in damage control, why shouldn't we?

ROCKET62

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score
So I guess this means that the MCVO (and it's board) did not buy into "Change is coming", "Be Patient", and the "CRICKETS" we keep hearing?

BlknBlu

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I applaud them for making the move however this is not going to unify the membership. If the trend continues the National club will disband. Folks need to stay with it and hope the new leadership will have us emerge as a stronger club and united.

Bruce

Rapps

Viper Owner
Reaction score
We are in support of our club's decision to no longer be affiliated with the VCA. I do not believe it is a choice anyone wanted to make. MCVO was here before VCA, it will be fine on it's own.
For my part I stopped posting on this forum a while back; concerned that I'd say something and get us banned. Pretty sad to avoid the national club site because your worried that you could lose your regional club membership.
I am uncomfortable with the nepotism, for lack of a better word. Specifically husband/wife Marshall and more recently their son/magazine editor. It doesn't pass the sniff test.
While VPA is not VCA, it's in the club's best interest to go above and beyond any expectations Chrysler had with respects to each being transparent. Was the club's best interests not important enough or were those making decisions not capable of understanding this? How could anyone think poking a stick in Chrysler's eye was would go unnoticed?
Lastly, VCA is late with our magazine, the only directly recognizable membership benefit. In the years we've been members this never happened, the previous publisher handled it in a professional manner. No excuses, instead a great publication that you looked forward too getting.
All of this begs the question why does any viper owner need the VCA?
It would be great if none of this happened, great if the club could return to being an open honest organization, but that does not seem to be where this is headed.

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tim--+1 . I, too, am proud to be a member of the MCVO and also fully support the board and the new direction we as a club are taking. The presidents of many, if not all of the other regions have known this was coming.

Bill

Congrats to the Michigan club. I have had the pleasure to meet a lot of the guys when I was up there for the Woodward Dream Cruise. Great bunch of guys.

shine

Viper Owner
Reaction score
If MCVO is the only regional to break away, National will be able to call it a fluke, or a one-off.

If a bunch of regionals follow this lead and break away, it sends a clear message to everyone.

This isn't a letter that "got out" on the internet. It's not some disgruntled keyboard jockeys on forums. This is real.

I applaud it.

Timnineside

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I applaud them for making the move however this is not going to unify the membership. If the trend continues the National club will disband. Folks need to stay with it and hope the new leadership will have us emerge as a stronger club and united.

Bruce

Couldn't disagree more. This is politics at this point. If the MCVO stayed it would just be playing to the games and letting the BS continue. Little to no progress is being made and being in MI we don't have time to piss around as we can only drive 6 months out of the year!

" MCVO was here before VCA, it will be fine on it's own." Case and point. Maybe the new VCA can take some tips from the MCVO being this is also the birthplace of the Viper.

-Tim

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Do you mind disclosing the vote? How many voted and whether it was split or near unanimous? I think that data would be useful for everyone to see since MCVO is such a large and active chapter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDViper