Meandering Tires

Diablo Joe

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I really dont know how to describe this, but lately Ive noticed that if the road isnt perfectly smooth,the car is hard to keep straight while driving.Around here the roads ****,so the more I drive,the more Ive noticed this.The car feels like it wanders from one side of the lane to the other by itself.Could this be tires? Ive already checked pressure and thats good.Ive replaced the rear tires but not the front and recently had the car aligned.

Joe

Gerald

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Whenever the tread gets low on the front meats, this usually happens.. At least everytime I experience it.

Gerald

SingleMalt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Badboy,
I have the same issue with my 96. I think it has MUCH more to do with suspension setup than anything else. I have replaced tires more than once and noticed no difference. I had a Corvette that I had set up for track use (heavy camber) and got the same result. Of course, I can't tell you how to fix it (other than having the suspension settings checked), but I would not run out and get tires expecting that your problem will be solved. Then again, maybe new tires will fix your prob...
smile.gif

Fletch

joe117

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've noticed the same thing on my 94. On the back roads, with a slight crown, the car seems to want to wander a little. It's dead solid on a highway or a decent secondary road. I always thought that this was due to the large tires. My 96 Vette will do this to some extent but not nearly as much as the Viper. I had my Viper aligned when I got it so I think it probably is correct. I've seen posts about this in the past. It seems to be a common thing. Perhaps the quick steering causes it.