****/water on stock paxton setup

85 of 200

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I having found any posts about running a ****/water setup on a stock paxton setup. Is there any benefit. Or basically a waste? We have 91 octane around here, some 92

JohnnyBravo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I having found any posts about running a ****/water setup on a stock paxton setup. Is there any benefit. Or basically a waste? We have 91 octane around here, some 92

Greg, unless you're going to raise the boost beyond the factory Paxton level (7-8 psi) or try to advance the timing, water/methanol will not provide a benefit on the stock setup.

Water/methanol is used to (a) increase octane rating, reducing detonation and (b) cool the intake charge temperatures. On a car with lower boost and no advance in timing, it probably won't provide any benefit. On a car with higher boost or advanced timing, running water/methanol can basically take the place of running race fuel.

Just make sure your air/fuel ratios are good and you'll be fine on the base setup.

HI-NOS-Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Colder means more HP, less heatsoak. The more boost the better benefit you will gain. Its like taking the place of an intercooler. The High HP cars will benefit from it. Underground racing uses it on their Paxton Builds for good reason.

VIPER R

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have used it on my Paxton for the last 4 years, I haven't seen any downside. I installed it as a peace of mind thing, it also became a conversation piece at shows.

OP
OP

85 of 200

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have used it on my Paxton for the last 4 years, I haven't seen any downside. I installed it as a peace of mind thing, it also became a conversation piece at shows.

Are you on a stock paxton setup?

Sweet Ride

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Check out this thread for some good info:

http://forums.viperclub.org/performance-modifications/621983-water-****-systems.html

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang