Miami Auto Show

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We went to the Miami auto show tonight. The new coupe was there. No one was allowed to sit in it although they were kind enough to open the hood for me when I identified myself as a VCA member. This is the first time that I have seen the coupe up close and in "person". I also took a good look at the Z vette, which everyone was allowed to sit in, etc., and the Ford GR1 concept. Taste is subjective. Fit and finish is not subjective. I noticed, before I went to the show, that in all the coupe pictures showing the detail of the rear of the vehicle, there appeared to be somewhat large gaps on either side of the rear deck lid. The car at the show had the same gaps and they were not of equal size. The whole rear deck lid area looks somewhat kit carish. Hopefully, this issue will be dealt with in the future. The other thing that stood out to me is how weak and ordinary the front of the car looked from the side and the front. Something is missing. Perhaps it is merely the small air dam from the Gen II but I think there is more to the problem. The vette is a vette. There was absolutely nothing that sufficiently distinguished the car visually from the regular coupe. Yes, I know, there are air scoops. Believe me they are not enough. The interior looks and feels cheap but the seats and driving position are good. All the gauges are horizontally arrayed and in plain sight. A much better configuration than the new coupe. The z vette has good stats but it is not distinctive enough for the money. The GR1 is unbelievable!!!! It is the coupe that Dodge should have designed as the Gen III Viper coupe. Everything about it looked and felt like a Viper. I was told that the car will be made, not in all aluminum, and sold for $79,000.00. If it comes out with the same design, greater than 550 HP and be capable of modification to 650 plus ( my guess would be pulley and chip), it will be hard to resist. Dodge really needs to wake up the Viper coupe design and increase its power. Just my two cents plus ten dollars to get into the auto show.

STORMCAT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the heads up. I've been waiting to see a coupe in person. I plan on going to the show after the crowds thin a little...

ulllose

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The other thing that stood out to me is how weak and ordinary the front of the car looked from the side and the front. Something is missing.
I think my 03 srt looks alittle something...(plain) from the front view but from the back and side view it looks bad-ass :2tu:

SRTRICKY

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wonder when Canada will get some coupes and if there will be any blue w/ white stripes here

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tbone96