Miami Mile help

repiv

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm heading to miami to run in the mile event on the 25th, I have transport arranged to pick up my viper on the 26th, bring it back to vegas from Miami. I'm looking for somewhere i can drop the car (in/near miami) if the transport doesn't arrive on the 26th (I leave around 4 pm on the 26th back to vegas). I would then have the transport pick the car up when it arrives.

Any vca member in the area willing to help out if needed?

thanks in advance

frank

TAXIMAN1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
you are more than welcome to drop it here. I have room indoors to keep it, with my cars. But I'm about 60 miles north of the runway. the offer is there, but I'm sure someone can hook you up a little closer.

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi. I would help you but I do not have the room. Can you change your flight back to leave from Fort Lauderdale? If so, you might want to give Mark Leslie a call at University Dodge in Davie, Florida. He is the Service Manager there. Perhaps he will let you drop the car off there even though the service department is not open on Sundays. You can then grab a cab to the airport. It is less than ten miles from the airport.

Another alternative might be available if I decide to run in the event. If I do, you could follow me back to my office parking garage ( about 45 miles from the event site) and leave the car there and the keys with the security guard. The only problem with this is that if I do go to the event, I will not be staying later than about 2 PM and I will not be available to do anything if same is needed when the transporter gets there.

In case you do not know, the event site is a bit more than 30 miles west of Chrome Avenue which is at least five miles west of the Palmetto Expressway. So leaving the car anywhere that's safe and secure will involve a drive of no less than approximately 45 miles.

OP
OP
R

repiv

Enthusiast
Reaction score
you are more than welcome to drop it here. I have room indoors to keep it, with my cars. But I'm about 60 miles north of the runway. the offer is there, but I'm sure someone can hook you up a little closer.

taximan, thanks for the offer, but i think i have something arranged in miami now.

OP
OP
R

repiv

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi. I would help you but I do not have the room. Can you change your flight back to leave from Fort Lauderdale? If so, you might want to give Mark Leslie a call at University Dodge in Davie, Florida. He is the Service Manager there. Perhaps he will let you drop the car off there even though the service department is not open on Sundays. You can then grab a cab to the airport. It is less than ten miles from the airport.

Another alternative might be available if I decide to run in the event. If I do, you could follow me back to my office parking garage ( about 45 miles from the event site) and leave the car there and the keys with the security guard. The only problem with this is that if I do go to the event, I will not be staying later than about 2 PM and I will not be available to do anything if same is needed when the transporter gets there.

In case you do not know, the event site is a bit more than 30 miles west of Chrome Avenue which is at least five miles west of the Palmetto Expressway. So leaving the car anywhere that's safe and secure will involve a drive of no less than approximately 45 miles.

bob, thay you as well for the offier. i do have something in miami arranged now.

i'm staying in miami, driving to the event the day of, thanks for letting me know the disctance, i was just about to google earth it....

frank

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
bob, thay you as well for the offier. i do have something in miami arranged now.

i'm staying in miami, driving to the event the day of, thanks for letting me know the disctance, i was just about to google earth it....

frank

Good. I will see you there Sunday.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
webironmongery