Michelin is and has been a friend!

Tony Estes

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have been watching this thread and am amazed at the disrespect some are showing others. I for one will continue to do business with Michelin. I have always enjoyed doing business with companies that I have a personal relationship with. Michelin has always supported the VCA and every time I asked for assistance they were there.

I don't want to take out my frustrations with the French GOVERNMENT on the more than 20,000 AMERICAN employees of Michelin. The Michelin products we buy in America are made by Americans and they shouldn't have to pay for decisions that the French government made.

knuk

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Fred and Russ, your lack of respect for Canada in this situation is strange.
Some things for you to remember...
The United States did not join Canada and the allies in the first world war for the first three years of the four year war, and in the second world war, they stayed out of it almost as long, only entering when Pearl harbor was bombed by the Japanese.
That makes me wonder why the U.S. should be so upset because Canada didn't join them at the start of the war against Iraq.
Did we take economic sanctions against them for dragging their feet? Aren't we entitled to take a couple of years to make up our mind, like they did in two major world wars?
Maybe if Bush had intervened in the softwood problem when twice the World Trade Organization had found in favour of Canada: maybe if the U.S. hadn't inferred Canada was responsible for the entry of those responsible for the Sept. 11, 2001 terrorist attack on the World Trade Center buildings ( when they had entered through Florida on American visas).
Maybe if Bush had known Mexico was not his largest trading partner, but Canada was. Maybe for reasons even more basic, like Canada wanting United Nations' authorization before becoming involved. Then maybe our people would have gladly joined in the effort to displace Saddam Hussein.
Regardless, my feelings is that Canada's role in the international arena is in peacekeeping. Our reputation was excellent before we assisted the U.S. in the previous action in Afghanistan.
Then too, maybe it is too dangerous to fight beside the U.S. because of "friendly fire" problems
their own generals say are inevitable.
In these days, when sattelites can read a licence plae number on a vehicle, when the art of communication is the best there ever was, that is a lot of balony. Their trigger-happy pilots just shoot first and alibi later. Ask the British! They probably lost more men to the U.S. than to the enemy.
Perhaps Canada doesn't want to risk the military because the Liberal Party hasn't outfitted them with the means to do so. Our people would have to hitchhike to the war front or ask the U.S. to send a plane large enough to carry the men ad equipment, like we did last time.
Fred and Russ, put a sock in it! Canada has been in the liberation wars long before the U.S. found it convenient to join us. In world wars, not conflicts involving little nations.
Your arrogance isn't statesmanship, it is ignorance of history.
By the way Russ, Canada does have a few things of interest to the U.S., water is the first thing that comes to my mind...

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I always thought of Canada as an easy-going low-profile country. I didn't like the anti-America stance they took especially when they boo'd our national anthem as well as some of the other stories I heard. But we have just as many jerks in this country so eventually I'll be able to look past it.

Getting back to the original topic. So we're not supposed to purchase American made products of French companies. What about purchasing products from American made/owned companies that purchase supplies/resources/etc. from French companies?

knuk

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We are VERY easy going...I was at a hockey game last night and all I heard was applause when your anthem was played. Although not a lot of Canadians agree with the U.S. ignoring the UN, we do agree that Saddam is (was?) nuts!
I read an interesting article while in Hawaii ( written by an American) saying that the U.S. will want the support of the UN after the war so that the U.S. and Britain will not have to bear the whole cost of rebuilding Iraq - a little less than 2 months ago the U.S. hated the UN and anyone who did not see it through their eyes...

knuk

Enthusiast
Reaction score
By the way, we whooped the American (Seattle) teams a$$ at the game :D :cool:

luc

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Aspviper,

I like your post,Canada,as a country has a well deserved reputation of friendliness and independent mind.
As Canadians you get along well with 99% of the world because you don't try to impose your values and you are always there to help.
+ you are the only country in the world were French and English are the official languages!!!!!!!!!

Luc.

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was at a hockey game last night and all I heard was applause when your anthem was played.
That's encouraging.

a little less than 2 months ago the U.S. hated the UN and anyone who did not see it through their eyes...
The U.N. has been on our sh*t list for quite a few years.

NCVCA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Might as well jump into the frey here as I started a similar post. I won't requote it here, but Michelin did respond to my email inquiry by saying that boycotting Michelin would hurt Americans not French citizens or Government.

I responded that their corporate profits go to France which supports their economy. I also noted that ALL stock Viper tire sizes ARE MADE IN FRANCE.

Run out to the garage and take a look at your sidewalls.

Now again, staying true to the purpose of this thread I ran Michelin Street Pilots that came on my 2000 GTS at an SCCA event this weekend and in a 17 lap race with restrictor plates in a T1 class finished less than 3 car lengths behind a T1 ZO6 Corvette running sticker Goodyear DOT race tires in warm dry conditions.

Now you might say that makes me a good driver (you obviously don't know me!) but I say that Michelin makes an incredible product. The first place T1 car had Hoosiers with 4 heat cycles and consistently beat me by almost 5 seconds a lap.

Michelin HAS BEEN A FRIEND and I hope they will continue to be.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Viper123456