Michelin is and has been a friend!

Reaction score
Russ,

You said: "Your logic escapes me completely. This has nothing to do with Michelin per se, but rather an overall boycott of companies that are owned by those who chose to harm the United States and its military. You have truly gone out on an incredible tangent asking me why I support Viper Days, apparently because Michelin is one of their sponsors."

Is Michelin owned by those who chose to harm the US and its military? Please tell us which companies are known to have an agenda to harm America? I would be happy to boycott them!

Regarding Viper Days, Actually I want you to do Viper Days and agree Skip and the rest are great! But with your anti- French position and the Viper Days requirement to run with Michelin's I wanted to see where you draw the line. And again I buy almost(Hoosier gets some business) only Michelin tires because they are the best.

This thread is about Michelin being a friend but you and others want to make it an anti-French topic?

joe117

Enthusiast
Reaction score
luc,
The support I was talking about was not the business deals for oil and such.

I was talking about the Germans giving Iraq information derived from bugging, during the conflict itself.

I was talking about the Russians giving Iraq satellite intelligence, night vision equipment, gps jammers, technical help with old Soviet era military equipment, during the conflict.

Anti tank missiles made in France, in 2002, were found in Iraq, in fairly large numbers.

These are the items and services provided in an effort to help Iraq kill American troops. These are the ones we already know about.

joe117

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Fred,
You seem to keep missing the point. I'm going to go over it ONE MORE TIME.

The boycott of French products has nothing to do with the actions of the various French companies.

The boycott of French products is designed to harm the French economy and thus cause political pressure on the French government.

Get it?

Please Fred, no more questions about "what did Michelin do"?

Reaction score
Joe117,

Your point has been clear! And my point is good luck!

I believe the, over whelming, majority of Viper owners (including Russ) are buying Michelin tires. The Thread is about Michelin being a friend to Viper owners which is correct. Michelin supports Viper Days, VOI's and provides the best tires for Vipers as well as other cars.

So take your boycott idea to a thread or site that supports your point of view.

OP
OP
S

Steve Ferguson

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry but I made that post on my way out of town so I have been absent form responding.

For all those that feel they must "stop buying anything French" fine. I did not make that post to tell you what to do. All I wanted was to make sure you realize that this particular company has and will continue to be there for the Viper Community.

For those "enthusiast" I could really care less what you think.

Now for all of us who think we know something here is a question you all need to read:

Do you have any granite in your house?

Now, if you said yes did you know that you are supporting the Bin Ladden family! Yes friends, they are the largest importer of granite used in this country. I almost fell off the showroom chair when I saw that name on the back of some stone we wanted for our kitchen.

My point? most of us do not have a clue as to what we buy. So if you are going to take a hard stance I hope you at least do the work to REALLY learn who and what are behind each and every thing you use.

I guess you all stopped driving your cars since the oil and gas came from Iraq!

joe117

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here's what I see Fred, Michelin supports various track days, you teach driving to people who go to these events. The more track days, the more people who get involved in track driving, more business for you.
I'm not surprised that you support the French company, Michilin.

And when you say,
"So take your boycott idea to a thread or site that supports your point of view."
It makes me think that you might be one of those folks that want to control what other people say.

DEVILDOG

VCA Member North TX
Reaction score
Joe117,

Your point has been clear! And my point is good luck!

I believe the, over whelming, majority of Viper owners (including Russ) are buying Michelin tires. The Thread is about Michelin being a friend to Viper owners which is correct. Michelin supports Viper Days, VOI's and provides the best tires for Vipers as well as other cars.

So take your boycott idea to a thread or site that supports your point of view.

Fred,
Are you saying that this Board supports your view of this issue? Obviously, by the responses of several on this Board we do not support your view or france's view. In fact, if you take the time to count I think you'll find you are outnumbered on this thread and you are definitely outnumbered in America. Majority rules....sorry I forgot you think like france and saddam....tyrannical rule. Your opinion does not own or determine what this Board does or does not support. To think so is very arrogant...like the french...what a surprise. I guess by your Board name you own a driving school? If so, I'm boycotting that too...we we! BTW, france's un vote is what led saddam to think he could get away from giving up WMDs and maintain his murderous regime. If france and the other un supporters of Iraq had voted with America perhaps a war would not have been necessary to get saddam to surrender WMDs and his power and therefor American/British and innocent Iraqi lives would not have been lost. Therefor, france and michelin are our enemies. Why don't you go to a relative of one of our troops that lost their life and explain to them why you believe france, the people of france and the companies of france deserve our friendship and support. As for me, blow up the statue of liberty and ship the pieces back to france. As for you, keep it up maybe michelin will send you some free tires.

DEVILDOG

VCA Member North TX
Reaction score
Sorry but I made that post on my way out of town so I have been absent form responding.

For all those that feel they must "stop buying anything French" fine. I did not make that post to tell you what to do. All I wanted was to make sure you realize that this particular company has and will continue to be there for the Viper Community.

Now for all of us who think we know something here is a question you all need to read:

Now, if you said yes did you know that you are supporting the Bin Ladden family! Yes friends, they are the largest importer of granite used in this country. I almost fell off the showroom chair when I saw that name on the back of some stone we wanted for our kitchen.

My point? most of us do not have a clue as to what we buy. So if you are going to take a hard stance I hope you at least do the work to REALLY learn who and what are behind each and every thing you use.

Steve,
I could care less what you think. One thing I do think is that you are not someone that knows something here. IMO you are just a corporate mouthpiece for dc and now michelin. How much do they pay you or are you just a natural brown noser? BTW, I hope my oil does come from Iraq now! And just so you know since you apparantly are not someone who knows anything here my gas comes from America. Gas is refined in America. Also I don't use granite I use marble from Italy. Anyway go ahead and get your bin laden granite and your french michelin tires. That is why young Americans died in Iraq so you could have a free choice. I'm sure you appreciate it...right? I'll give you time to call dc and michelin hq to know how to answer.

Craig 201 MPH

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Steve,
I could care less what you think. One thing I do think is that you are not someone that knows something here. IMO you are just a corporate mouthpiece for dc and now michelin. How much do they pay you or are you just a natural brown noser? BTW, I hope my oil does come from Iraq now! And just so you know since you apparantly are not someone who knows anything here my gas comes from America. Gas is refined in America. Also I don't use granite I use marble from Italy. Anyway go ahead and get your bin laden granite and your french michelin tires. That is why young Americans died in Iraq so you could have a free choice. I'm sure you appreciate it...right? I'll give you time to call dc and michelin hq to know how to answer.

And michelin tires are made in America. What's your point?

Tom Welch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Please take a moment to read the text below. The thought of what we did for these people and many thousands of others can only make me sick to my stomach if I am a relative of or a surviving member of the allied forces that freed the European Continent including the French.

The last sentence says it all...in my opinion. Remember, that when you purchase an item from one of these countries, whether they have American employees or not, a certain percentage of the profits go directly to the government of the companies origin.

Remarks at the Normandy Invasion Ceremony
Omaha Beach Memorial at Omaha Beach, France.
June 6, 1984
President Reagan addressed an audience at the United States-France Ceremony Commemorating the 40th Anniversary of the Normandy Invasion, D-Day.
1,031 words
Mr. President(Francois Mitterrand), distinguished guests, we stand today at a place of battle, one that 40 years ago saw and felt the worst of war. Men bled and died here for a few feet of--or inches of sand, as bullets and shellfire cut through their ranks. About them, General Omar Bradley later said, "Every man who set foot on Omaha Beach that day was a hero."

No speech can adequately portray their suffering, their sacrifice, their heroism. President Lincoln once reminded us that through their deeds, the dead of battle have spoken more eloquently for themselves than any of the living ever could. But we can only honor them by rededicating ourselves to the cause for which they gave a last full measure of devotion.
Today we do rededicate ourselves to that cause. And at this place of honor, we're humbled by the realization of how much so many gave to the cause of freedom and to their fellow man.

Some who survived the battle of June 6, 1944, are here today. Others who hoped to return never did.

"Someday, Lis, I'll go back," said Private First Class Peter Robert Zanatta, of the 37th Engineer Combat Battalion, and first assault wave to hit Omaha Beach. "I'll go back, and I'll see it all again. I'll see the beach, the barricades, and the graves."
Those words of Private Zanatta come to us from his daughter, Lisa Zanatta Henn, in a heartrending story about the event her father spoke of so often. "In his words, the Normandy invasion would change his life forever," she said. She tells some of his stories of World War II but says of her father, "the story to end all stories was D-Day."
"He made me feel the fear of being on that boat waiting to land. I can smell the ocean and feel the seasickness. I can see the looks on his fellow soldiers' faces--the fear, the anguish, the uncertainty of what lay ahead. And when they landed, I can feel the strength and courage of the men who took those first steps through the tide to what must have surely looked like instant death."

Private Zanatta's daughter wrote to me: "I don't know how or why I can feel this emptiness, this fear, or this determination, but I do. Maybe it's the bond I had with my father. All I know is that it brings tears to my eyes to think about my father as a 20-year-old boy having to face that beach."

The anniversary of D-Day was always special for her family. And like all the families of those who went to war, she describes how she came to realize her own father's survival was a miracle: "So many men died. I know that my father watched many of his friends be killed. I know that he must have died inside a little each time. But his explanation to me was, 'You did what you had to do, and you kept on going.'"

When men like Private Zanatta and all our Allied forces stormed the beaches of Normandy 40 years ago they came not as conquerors, but as liberators. When these troops swept across the French countryside and into the forests of Belgium and Luxembourg they came not to take, but to return what had been wrongly seized. When our forces marched into Germany they came not to prey on a brave and defeated people, but to nurture the seeds of democracy among those who yearned to be free again.

Today, in their memory, and for all who fought here, we celebrate the triumph of democracy. We reaffirm the unity of democratic peoples who fought a war and then joined with the vanquished in a firm resolve to keep the peace.
From a terrible war we learned that unity made us invincible; now, in peace, that same unity makes us secure. We sought to bring all freedom-loving nations together in a community dedicated to the defense and preservation of our sacred values. Our alliance, forged in the crucible of war, tempered and shaped by the realities of the postwar world, has succeeded. In Europe, the threat has been contained, the peace has been kept.

Today the living here assembled--officials, veterans, citizens--are a tribute to what was achieved here 40 years ago. This land is secure. We are free. These things are worth fighting and dying for.

Lisa Zanatta Henn began her story by quoting her father, who promised that he would return to Normandy. She ended with a promise to her father, who died eight years ago of cancer: "I'm going there, Dad, and I'll see the beaches and the barricades and the monuments. I'll see the graves, and I'll put flowers there just like you wanted to do. I'll feel all the things you made me feel through your stories and your eyes. I'll never forget what you went through, Dad, nor will I let anyone else forget. And, Dad, I'll always be proud."
Through the words of his loving daughter, who is here with us today, a D-Day veteran has shown us the meaning of this day far better than any President can. It is enough for us to say about Private Zanatta and all the men of honor and courage who fought beside him four decades ago: We will always remember. We will always be proud. We will always be prepared, so we may always be free.
Thank you.

Note: The President spoke at 4:33 p.m. at the Omaha Beach Memorial at Omaho Beach, France. In his opening remarks, he referred to President Francois Mitterrand of France.

Thanks for reading,

Tom Welch, USMC Honorable Discharge, 1986

DEVILDOG

VCA Member North TX
Reaction score

Steve,

And michelin tires are made in America. What's your point?

STAY IN SCHOOL!

DEVILDOG

VCA Member North TX
Reaction score
Please take a moment to read the text below. The thought of what we did for these people and many thousands of others can only make me sick to my stomach if I am a relative of or a surviving member of the allied forces that freed the European Continent including the French.

The last sentence says it all...in my opinion. Remember, that when you purchase an item from one of these countries, whether they have American employees or not, a certain percentage of the profits go directly to the government of the companies origin.

Remarks at the Normandy Invasion Ceremony
Omaha Beach Memorial at Omaha Beach, France.
June 6, 1984
President Reagan addressed an audience at the United States-France Ceremony Commemorating the 40th Anniversary of the Normandy Invasion, D-Day.
1,031 words
Mr. President(Francois Mitterrand), distinguished guests, we stand today at a place of battle, one that 40 years ago saw and felt the worst of war. Men bled and died here for a few feet of--or inches of sand, as bullets and shellfire cut through their ranks. About them, General Omar Bradley later said, "Every man who set foot on Omaha Beach that day was a hero."

No speech can adequately portray their suffering, their sacrifice, their heroism. President Lincoln once reminded us that through their deeds, the dead of battle have spoken more eloquently for themselves than any of the living ever could. But we can only honor them by rededicating ourselves to the cause for which they gave a last full measure of devotion.
Today we do rededicate ourselves to that cause. And at this place of honor, we're humbled by the realization of how much so many gave to the cause of freedom and to their fellow man.

Some who survived the battle of June 6, 1944, are here today. Others who hoped to return never did.

"Someday, Lis, I'll go back," said Private First Class Peter Robert Zanatta, of the 37th Engineer Combat Battalion, and first assault wave to hit Omaha Beach. "I'll go back, and I'll see it all again. I'll see the beach, the barricades, and the graves."
Those words of Private Zanatta come to us from his daughter, Lisa Zanatta Henn, in a heartrending story about the event her father spoke of so often. "In his words, the Normandy invasion would change his life forever," she said. She tells some of his stories of World War II but says of her father, "the story to end all stories was D-Day."
"He made me feel the fear of being on that boat waiting to land. I can smell the ocean and feel the seasickness. I can see the looks on his fellow soldiers' faces--the fear, the anguish, the uncertainty of what lay ahead. And when they landed, I can feel the strength and courage of the men who took those first steps through the tide to what must have surely looked like instant death."

Private Zanatta's daughter wrote to me: "I don't know how or why I can feel this emptiness, this fear, or this determination, but I do. Maybe it's the bond I had with my father. All I know is that it brings tears to my eyes to think about my father as a 20-year-old boy having to face that beach."

The anniversary of D-Day was always special for her family. And like all the families of those who went to war, she describes how she came to realize her own father's survival was a miracle: "So many men died. I know that my father watched many of his friends be killed. I know that he must have died inside a little each time. But his explanation to me was, 'You did what you had to do, and you kept on going.'"

When men like Private Zanatta and all our Allied forces stormed the beaches of Normandy 40 years ago they came not as conquerors, but as liberators. When these troops swept across the French countryside and into the forests of Belgium and Luxembourg they came not to take, but to return what had been wrongly seized. When our forces marched into Germany they came not to prey on a brave and defeated people, but to nurture the seeds of democracy among those who yearned to be free again.

Today, in their memory, and for all who fought here, we celebrate the triumph of democracy. We reaffirm the unity of democratic peoples who fought a war and then joined with the vanquished in a firm resolve to keep the peace.
From a terrible war we learned that unity made us invincible; now, in peace, that same unity makes us secure. We sought to bring all freedom-loving nations together in a community dedicated to the defense and preservation of our sacred values. Our alliance, forged in the crucible of war, tempered and shaped by the realities of the postwar world, has succeeded. In Europe, the threat has been contained, the peace has been kept.

Today the living here assembled--officials, veterans, citizens--are a tribute to what was achieved here 40 years ago. This land is secure. We are free. These things are worth fighting and dying for.

Lisa Zanatta Henn began her story by quoting her father, who promised that he would return to Normandy. She ended with a promise to her father, who died eight years ago of cancer: "I'm going there, Dad, and I'll see the beaches and the barricades and the monuments. I'll see the graves, and I'll put flowers there just like you wanted to do. I'll feel all the things you made me feel through your stories and your eyes. I'll never forget what you went through, Dad, nor will I let anyone else forget. And, Dad, I'll always be proud."
Through the words of his loving daughter, who is here with us today, a D-Day veteran has shown us the meaning of this day far better than any President can. It is enough for us to say about Private Zanatta and all the men of honor and courage who fought beside him four decades ago: We will always remember. We will always be proud. We will always be prepared, so we may always be free.
Thank you.

Note: The President spoke at 4:33 p.m. at the Omaha Beach Memorial at Omaho Beach, France. In his opening remarks, he referred to President Francois Mitterrand of France.

Thanks for reading,

Tom Welch, USMC Honorable Discharge, 1986

Apparantly the french were not listening....we reaffirm the unity of democratic peoples...unless they thought saddam was democratic.

Devildog, USMC Honorable Discharge, 1974

joe117

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Fred, I never said I would boycott your driving school. Do you read any of this or do you just write?

And Craig, When you call Mr. Devildog a name, you are probably insulting someone who has done most of the things you can only hope you will be able to do some day. Think about that. Doesn't it make you wish you had thought a little before you lowered yourself with that kind of reply.

Craig 201 MPH

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Fred, I never said I would boycott your driving school. Do you read any of this or do you just write?

And Craig, When you call Mr. Devildog a name, you are probably insulting someone who has done most of the things you can only hope you will be able to do some day. Think about that. Doesn't it make you wish you had thought a little before you lowered yourself with that kind of reply.

Not really, It's the internet. I find it sad you care so much.

Reaction score
Joe117,

You are correct you did not say you would boycott my driving school.

What you did say: "Here's what I see Fred, Michelin supports various track days, you teach driving to people who go to these events. The more track days, the more people who get involved in track driving, more business for you.

And when you say, "So take your boycott idea to a thread or site that supports your point of view."
It makes me think that you might be one of those folks that want to control what other people say."

FYI I do not own or work for a driving school! And at Viper Days I am a participant. Viper Days is no business for me only an opportunity to enjoy my car, spend time with great enthusiast and service providers like the Archers and watch the race group.

I think patriotic comments and views are great.

But that is not the Topic of this thread!

Mike Brunton

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The topic of this thread is a pretty crappy topic, IMO. I am disheartened that some would put their own personal agenda before that of their feelings on this country. That is just my personal opinion.

Steve knows that Michelin does alot for Viper owners (no doubt about it), and is suggesting that, even though many are boycotting French companies, that they not boycott Michelin because they are a "friend of the Viper community". That's a pretty ignorant stance. He can have his views, but to use his "position" to try to further those views makes him no better than the ***** actors who like to use their public appearances to speak out in support of their own agendas.

Having said that, I know as well as anyone how this global economy works. But, if Michelin is indeed HQ'ed in France (as they are), then taking your dollars elsewhere will diminish the business they do in the USA, and diminish France's overall export to the USA. Michelin's CEO might not call up the government and complain, but you can be sure the government will take notice of how their hard line stance against the USA HURT THEM DIRECTLY.

That is why this "boycott France" thing is important.

Craig, I could not disagree with you more on two counts. As a French company, I would guess that profits from their USA operations make it back to the parent company's bottom line. So the fact that the tires are "made in the USA" probably doesn't matter all that much.

The second thing I disagree with you on is calling out DevilDog on this issue. I don't agree with him on pretty much anything, but the guy was a US Marine and was honorably discharged. That demands respect. To call him "an ******" for his views on this reflects very badly on you, IMO. I don't agree with most of his views, but I am with him 100% on this issue, and I *FIRMLY* believe he deserves respect from everyone for serving his country. If he got out in '74, it's likely he dealt with some s&!t in his time... how can you insult a friggin marine for his patriotic views during a time of war where other marines are fighting and dying. Total lack of class on this one Craig - you owe him an apology.

DEVILDOG

VCA Member North TX
Reaction score
Mike,
Thanks. I won't let anyone hold it against you that you agreed with me (joe117 and others) on this one. I know you are stating your own feelings and beliefs on this subject, however, I appreciate your support of me personally in spite of our battles in the past. You're a class act.

Russ Oasis

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This will be my final .02 (I think). Nobody on this board is saying that Michelin has not been a friend of Viper (but of course they are doing it because they want to be our "buddies"...NOT because they make $$$$). The issue is NOT about whether I would continue to go to Viper Days (I would) if forced to buy Michelin tires to run (fortunately I run on Hoosiers so it's a non issue). The real point is about a French Boycott. And on that point, I strongly support a boycott whenver possible. Sometimes it's not possible. I understand that. We need to stop being apologists for our own country and start standing up for the great values that we bring to the world. We have given more money and aid to more poor people than any other country on the face of the earth. France can kiss my a_ _. We have bailed them out time after time. They are like little children who just want to say "no" to whatever America wants. Punishing France for their illogical UN votes, which then put our men in harms way, is not acceptable to me, and if I can display that by not purchasing French items when possible, that is what I would like to do. This is NOT about the "nice folks" at Michelin and certainly has nothing to do with Viper Days, it has to do with letting the French know how we feel about them.

joe117

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Fred,
I apologize for thinking that you had a driving school and saying that your opinion on this was somehow shaped by business. I still think you are wrong but at least I now know that it's just your opinion.
I'm guessing that "driving school" is some kind of an inside joke or something. I'll bet that at least some other people, looking at your signature, think you have a driving school.

Mike Adams

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It is sad to see people ( companies ) judged buy the leaders of their country. I am sorry I don't judge people because of their leaders. To say all Iraq's where bad because of Saddam was never done. Why do we say all French companies are bad. The fight for democracy has a long way to go.

Canada "apparently" didn't support the war But that is definitely not what we Canadians wanted. Most Canadians felt we should have supported the US including myself.

But when some one disagrees with your opinion as a free world they should have the right.

The free world should not judge a person for the crime of their fathers.

BTW I did support the USA. And I AM CANADIAN and proud.

I don't agree with lots of things, but I sure don't judge people by their parents. WE are individuals and that is what we are fighting for. Don't forget that.

GOD BLESS AMERICA

joe117

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mike,
The boycott of French products has nothing to do with the actions of the various French companies.

The boycott of French products is designed to harm the French economy and thus cause political pressure on the French government.

If you need any information explaining what France did to deserve this boycott, please ask.

OP
OP
S

Steve Ferguson

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't recall saying "buy Michelin"? I did state that they have and continue to support the Viper Family. I did not tell ANYONE how they should feel, purchase, or choose to conduct their lives, but rather made certain that EVERYONE understands how much this company has backed us.

Twist it anyway you like, but those are the facts.

CajunViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Way to go Steve, I support you and all that you and Michlin have done for the best darn car club in the world. VIPER CLUB OF AMERICA. Hear! Hear!

Dean

DEVILDOG

VCA Member North TX
Reaction score
I don't recall saying "buy Michelin"? I did state that they have and continue to support the Viper Family. I did not tell ANYONE how they should feel, purchase, or choose to conduct their lives, but rather made certain that EVERYONE understands how much this company has backed us.

Twist it anyway you like, but those are the facts.

The fact is, as Mike B. stated, you tried to use your position to influence other VCA members to be kind to michelin instead of including them in a french boycott. You orginated the thread to do just that. Twist it anyway you want but that is the fact. BTW, it did not work. BOYCOTT ALL french PRODUCTS!!! :usa:

MichaelP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Joe117,

You are correct you did not say you would boycott my driving school.

What you did say: "Here's what I see Fred, Michelin supports various track days, you teach driving to people who go to these events. The more track days, the more people who get involved in track driving, more business for you.

And when you say, "So take your boycott idea to a thread or site that supports your point of view."
It makes me think that you might be one of those folks that want to control what other people say."

FYI I do not own or work for a driving school! And at Viper Days I am a participant. Viper Days is no business for me only an opportunity to enjoy my car, spend time with great enthusiast and service providers like the Archers and watch the race group.

I think patriotic comments and views are great.

But that is not the Topic of this thread!

I always thought you owned a driving school, and as such gave your posts about Viper safety, driving, racing etc more weight than other posts.

What is up with you board name?

Reaction score
The name was given by some of the early board members.

In my early Viper days late 95 and 96 several accidents occurred in our area, some with fatalities. My wife came home from work and told me how unsafe the Viper(her secretary was friends with the driver in a fatal Viper accident) was and a week or so later another friend had another Viper related accident that was blamed on the car. These accidents resulted in stories of the Viper being unsafe and with design flaws, etc.

I did not accept that and blamed the accidents on driver judgement. And having put my car sideways(unexpected) I decided to take my first driving school (Skip Barber 2 day program).

I was shocked at how little I knew about performance driving. So I followed the 2 day school with many car control clinics, a Three Day Racing school, Lapping Days, and a few N.CA Viper Club schools (12 programs for a total of 15 days) all with Skip Barber. At a NASA event organized a small Viper event with Skip Barber instructors to ride with us at Laguna Seca. I learned so much from that event that I hired Skip Barber instructors to ride with me at other open Track events like Green Flag. Also organized a few Viper Club autocross schools run by the SCCA in Sacramento

Back to the name. With the accidents and understanding that most of us think we know how to drive but in reality we do not. I started (when the board was new) encouraging new Viper owners as well as friends to take Skip Barber's performance driving program and repeat as often as necessary. I hoped to help new owners avoid accidents while expanding their driving pleasure.

I suggest a Driving School (Skip Barber) as the first Viper Mod. for all owners. Knowing how to drive will make you faster than any modification and give you the tools and knowledge to drive safer on the highway

That is the story!
Sorry it is so long.

Paul S Lacey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Russ,

Just noticed you have an R1200 C great bike mine shares the snake garage its a one of two model with solid wheels many modified parts built by AC Schnitzer in Germany.

pdmracing

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Whats with all the name calling? Can't anyone have a discussion with opposing views without being labled this or that? Like many here, I too served in the armed forces to protect the very liberties that everyone enjoys on this forum, the right to speak freely.
I am oppossed however to the bigoted generalizations that are in this post. You can choose to buy or not buy french products, & be thankfull of the ability to make that choice. I will continue to buy whatever tire I see fit regardless of the political views of any nation.

If you applied this logic to past wars, why would anyone buy a German or Japan automobile or product, after all MILLIONS were slaughtered in WW2. I happen to have 2 friends who have survived the concentration camps in germany & they both drive Mercedes! When I asked one how he could drive a german car after he witnessed his family murdered in the camps, he said "why not, the mercedes people did nothing to me , ****** did."

And Don't forget that Saddam was hand picked by OUR govt. all those years ago.

USAF 1978 to 1982

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Liberty235