Michelin Pilot Sport Cup Tire Special

rukcus

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Would Michelin Pilot Sport Cup tires be suitable for a daily driver? I drive my car everyday to and from work 30-40 min each way.

Michelin Pilot Sport Cup full set delivered $1,670.77 from tirerack.com the back tires are normally 593.00 and now they are 299.00

chorps

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Super Sports are better as a daily driver since they don't tramline as much and have more of a tread in case it rains.

Other than that no real problems for me. Treadwear rating is pretty low too, but the price of those rears are really good.

rw99

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sport Cups tramline pretty badly, so unless you're blessed with nice roads I'd say no. And the treadwear, of course.

Most opt for PS2's or (as mentioned) the new Super Sports instead.

Dom426h

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I assume that in your colder climate(Toronto?) that PSC's would have less grip than even an all-season tire. The rubber compound of a specific tire can only be optimal for a certain temperature range. All season tires are a compromise to give decent grip at all temperatures. Summer/HighPer. Tires are designed to give maximum grip when warm with the sacrifice of being hard with minimal grip at lower temperatures. Race tires like the PSCups amplify the situation being stickier at even hotter temps while being the opposite in colder temps.

You'd prob be better off with a set of Nitto Invo's or NT05's for $1175-1250 from ViperPartsOfAmerica

or PS2's for $1500