Milestone - Gen II GTS

my viper

enthusiast
Reaction score
Never thought I’d have a car for over 2 years, let alone drive it past 100k miles [30k when I got it 7 yrs ago].

attachment.php

Every mile has been exciting including multiple track events, auto-crosses, 3000+ mile road trips, grocery runs, driving around because I’m bored, everything you can think of. Still runs awesome and is just as exciting as it was on day 1.

A friend asked me if I would run it to the ground. My response, “I will just continue to fly at ground level”.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Good times.

Stretch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well done!!!! :2tu:

My goal is to get there as well. 44k and climbing :D

martyb

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Damn! I thought I would be catching up to you. I just crossed 40k on my GTS, you have been busy driving that thing! I think the last time we got together you had about 65k, that was only a few years ago.

Well done!

OP
OP
my viper

my viper

enthusiast
Reaction score
Damn! I thought I would be catching up to you. I just crossed 40k on my GTS, you have been busy driving that thing! I think the last time we got together you had about 65k, that was only a few years ago.

Well done!

Marty, I remember you talked about a long road trip. Mark down the Memorial day week next year. Blue Ridge Parkway and Smokies. Will be awesome. We need to catch up on some brew however.

A

Timnineside

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Whoa! Congrats! I've seen this car a few times and never would have guessed you were anywhere near that on miles!!!!

One of these days I'll keep a Viper long enough to see 100K!

-Tim

g3t_t0rk

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Nicely done! Glad to see some Vipers that aren't garage queens! :) Btw, is your Viper lowered on 18" wheels?

Jeffsss

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've put more on my viper this past week than I have all year (a lot due to repairs) to the tune of about 1,000.
puts a smile on my face ear to ear.
well done on 100k.. my hondas dont even have that many.

The_Greg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I remember us talking about your high miles! Congrats on 100k!

All of your stickers are enjoyable. Keep those coming too!

denniskgb

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You have been BUSY! I got my Gen II 6 years ago with 30,000 and now I have 35,000. ;)
Do your miles come from pulling it out the garage to dust it off and get rid of crickets and bird nests and then driving it in back again?:drive::D

terminator02

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The ones that are well driven will likely be on the stock engine when the garage queens eventually get driven and have to have an Arrow rebuild. It's great to see these cars really driven. By the time these cars are "worth money" then they likely will have been repainted and rebuilt motors. Once in awhile there will be a bubble car that goes for ridiculous money but I just don't think you can "value" the amount of smiles on your face when taking it out for a drive. This is ONE car I don't tire of driving. The longest I have kept a car is 6 years and that was my DD Scion TC coupe. My ACR is going into it's 5th season and I hope to keep her much longer. My original dream car was a 2003 Sonic Blue "terminator" mustang cobra (hence my screen name..which was supposed to come out in 02 but came as an 03) and that car was kept for 4 years. I am proud I have kept a viper for going on 5 years. That's longer than many people keep a car. I think the days of people getting them for 33k for a GTS are ending (or have ended) and will go to buyers who can actually take care of them or fix them as needed). It amazes me how many are salvaged or totaled. I wonder how many ACRs from 99-02 are even left on US soil. Not more than a couple hundred I bet.

TowDawg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
To anyone who isn't aware.

LEE HAS NOT AND WILL NOT RESIGN! In fact, he has now removed from office and banned anyone who has been actually having open discussions with anyone else. This includes Randall, Maurice, and probably Tony by the time I write this. He is cleaning house of anyone and everyone who knows his shady dealings, instead of stepping down like he originally said. NOTHING will be changing at the VCA except the fact that the VCA is OVER. Lee has gone completely rogue and is doing everything possible to shut anyone up who knows anything. The problem is, A LOT of NEW information is flowing on the other Viper sites. After these current moves, you can be 100% sure that there are some really bad things that they cannot afford to have known, and the relationship with Chrysler/SRT is 100% dead (I'm sure they have already been made aware of Lee's latest dictator moves).

I URGE YOU TO CONTACT YOUR LOCAL PRESIDENTS IMMEDIATELY AND GET THE FULL STORY (OF WHAT HAS BEEN RECENTLY DONE) AND TELL THEM THAT YOU 100% EXPECT THEM TO WITHDRAW FROM THE VCA AT THIS VERY MOMENT! There are already additional directors and founding VCA officers resigning and cutting ties (and not with very good language to Lee either).

Please check the other sites and see for yourself. If anyone needs to reach me after this, I go by the same user name on the other sites. Something tells me I will not have access to this site within a few minutes of posting this.