Miller Motorsports Park Will Shut Down This Year On October 31

ViperJeff

Legacy Member
VCA Member
Reaction score
I've watched many a Viper race around MMSP, looks like those days are in jeopardy.....

In the most depressing surprise announcement ever, one of the tracks on many racers’ bucket lists announced that it would cease operations on October 31 of this year. According to Deseret News, the Larry H. Miller Group of Companies decided not to renew their lease on Miller Motorsports Park’s land.

Read the full story

Allan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Miller has a few car dealerships in Colorado.
......probably in Utah too I guess.

Never been to MMP, but it was on my map of future tracks to drive.

Looks like I may miss the opportunity, unless someone else takes it over.

:(

ViperJohn

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That's sad news. I never drove the full course, but did enjoy the partial course we did at VOI 11. It was my first time tracking a Gen 4.

Jason Heffner

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It is really sad to hear indeed. One of my favorite tracks that I have driven. My kids also raced go karts there last year in the United States Grand Nationals. They say that the track is losing about 5 million dollars per year. Will Larry and Roger Miller now deceased there are no more of the brothers that really love cars the way that they did so it's understandable that they want to stop losing the cash each year.

Allan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hmmm........ seems like a great tax right-off for all the LHM dealerships.

If they aren't financially forced into shutting it down, maybe they should keep it open.

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Hopefully someone will chime in that is out in Utah, as noticed this was filed in early May, and rumors are someone else may be stepping up. Key word is rumor , but maybe someone out in the Salt Lake City can add to this thread concerning the possible status? Hope something happens as the Ford Mustang school there is one of the best in the US ( Cindi Lux is an instructor along with Stan Wilson) , and I love this track - one of my top two favorites!!

OP
OP
V

ViperJeff

Legacy Member
VCA Member
Reaction score
Tooele city owns the property. Last I read, they were looking at there options to keep the facility open.

I'm not to hopeful, it really needs to be a private enterprise and not the city.

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Let's hope with the Ford Racing School there and some other benefits , someone steps up and keeps it going -- unbelievable facility!!

Last edited:
OP
OP
V

ViperJeff

Legacy Member
VCA Member
Reaction score
Until I moved, it was 20 minutes from my house. Fantastic place to spend a weekend. Between the rock craere, trophy Trucks, bike racing, car racing, schools, go cart, museum.... It was just perfect.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jpolen21