Missed shift & cat back exhaust

04Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Am A newbe to the Viper, but an old muscle car era racer...
Was it possible with the reverse gate lock to have gone from 4th to Rev.instead of 5th. If so, is there a cure ?
Also, what cat back exhaust would you experienced owners suggest.

ROCKET62

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score
The only way the reverse lockout would not work is if there was an electrical/wiring issue that was providing power to the reverse lock out mechanism. If this was happening it would be possible to go from 4th to reverse. The more usual problem with the reverse lock-out is that the solenoid goes and the only way to override the lockout is to manually (almost need 2 hands) override the spring mechanism. Others can chime in re the cat back systems - and the big determining factor seems to be how loud you want the system.

MAVERICK

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I went with no cats, no crossover and I love the sound. But I'm an old Harley driver and I like to hear the rumble of a fully breathing mean machine.

I recommend that you to something like VIPER days in your area and listen to a few cars before making a decision. It is really a matter of taste.

OP
OP

04Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks "ROCKET62" for the input will have the dealership check the rev. gate solinoid.
MAVERICK..Know exactly what you mean by a full breathing..& I'll try to be patient and wait for local Viper Days.