Mission, BC Track Day May 11

SmokinViperGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here is a posting from the Western Canada club that I thought might be of general interest....

Regards,
Steve

Hello Members,

Mark May 11th on your calendars and plan to attend a special day with the Western Canada Viper Club in conjunction with the Performance Drivers Club. The Viper Club will have an exclusive run group (Vipers Only) for this special occasion. Normally the Performance Drivers Club has four run groups for their track days, which are designated for first timers through to advanced drivers, and a wide range of different vehicles. Since this is their clubs 10th anniversary they would like to do a few special things so they have allowed the Viper club to take over one run group for the day - they have never allowed this in the past!

The Mission track has just undergone changes to the track layout and it now totally favors a high horsepower car such as the Viper. Our "Viper only" group will accommodate first time drivers, all the way up to advanced drivers, with safety being the number one priority. You will have PLENTY of seat time with four 25 minute sessions throughout the day, and you will get professional instruction which will be provided by Proformance racing - they are hired to run the track days for the Performance Drivers Club and have a group of excellent, qualified instructors.

This is a perfect opportunity for first timers to come out and see what their Viper is capable of in a safe, controlled environment. It will also test the skills of advanced drivers!
A ground school will take place the morning of the track day. Also, for those who live in the Vancouver area an additional ground school is held 7 days before the track dates and covers information in greater detail. If you can attend this additional ground school it is to your advantage, but as many don't live in the Vancouver area this is not possible, so the session the day of the event will be sufficient.

LIMITED TO 16 VIPER'S ONLY

ONLY 2009 VCA MEMBERS ALLOWED

So the first 16 people to register are guaranteed a spot and registration MUST be to me no later than March 13, 2009. I will take the first 16 PAID registrations that arrive in my mailbox by March 13th!! Actually there are only 15 spots left as I have taken one! It will sell out so please act now to avoid disappointment. The cost of the event is $230 CDN ($185 US). A great deal for a day at the track, with professional instruction.

You will also have to become a member of the Performance Drivers Club PRIOR to attending the track day. The cost is $40 CDN and gives you a full years membership (2009) which allows you to attend the many track events they put on. Well worth the money. You can join the club online and pay with MasterCard or Visa, (which automatically convert to US currency). Their website is Performance Drivers Club - Home

I have two forms that must be completed by you.

1. Driving background. Please complete this form and send it in to me with your registration cheque. Also please indicate on the form if your car has ABS, or not.

2. Vehicle inspection. You will have to have your car inspected at a qualified shop and have them fill the form in, sign and stamp it. BRING THIS FORM WITH YOU TO THE TRACK at 7:30am on 5/11 for vehicle inspection... DO NOT SEND IT TO ME!

If you have a helmet please bring it along - but please note that Performance Drivers Club requires Snell SA2000 or better helmets - they must be SA (car), and not M (motorcycle) rated. They do have some available at the track for those who need them.

Mail cheque (payable to Craig Sandford) along with driving background form & ABS information to Craig Sandford. Please send an e-mail to [email protected] for the mailing address.

Please remember the first 16 received are guaranteed a spot, and must arrive no later than the March 13th deadline.

The hotel that we (Gail & I) will be staying at is the Best Western Mission City Lodge. We will arrive Sunday May 10th and leave Tuesday May 12th. The hotel is only 1 mile from the track. If you would like to book your room there please call the hotel direct at (604) 820-5500 . Make sure to ask for the Mission Raceway Rate. Below are some rates quotes for a few different room types, at the special rate.

Queen room - $91.80 CDN / night, plus tax
Queen plus Hide-a-bed - $96.30 CDN / night, plus tax
King or 2 queens - $103.50 CDN /night, plus tax

It is also possible that one of our members will be hosting a BBQ at their house after the track. More information will be provided as it becomes available.

I look forward to seeing you at the track!

Regards,

Craig Sandford
President
Western Canada Region - VCA

Steps to Follow:
So, the key steps for anyone that wants to sign up, are:

1. Sent Craig an e-mail ([email protected]) so he can reply to you with the two required forms and his mailing address.
2. Send Craig a check for $230 CDN ($185 USD), along with the filled out driver background form and ABS information, by March 13th at the latest. First-come, first-serve.
3. Go to the PDC web site (Performance Drivers Club - Membership) and sign up for membership on-line ($40 CDN by credit card).
4. Get your car inspected and signed-off by any competent mechanic, and bring the filled-in Vehicle Inspection Form to the track at 7:30am for the vehicle inspection session on May 11th.
5. Bring your own Snell SA2000 compliant helmet, or borrow one of theirs, available at the track.
6. Optional - Call the Best Western Mission City Lodge, and reserve a room Sunday and Monday (10th and 11th) nights with the Mission Raceway Rate of $92-104 CDN / night.

snnseatl

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just recieved this email from Craig:

Unfortunately the Mission track day has been cancelled. We needed 15 cars to make the event work but only had 8 members register by the deadline.
For those of you who are still interested in going, you can attend on your own by joining the Performance Drivers Club and then registering for the track day on their web site. You will be placed in a run group according to your track experience...of course you will be amongst several different makes of vehicles.

If anyone would like to plan an event for this season will you please let me know? So far we don't have anything other than a couple of show & shines planned. These are only single day events.

Regards,

Craig Sandford
President
Western Canada Region - VCA

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sloth