Mobil 1 Rebate

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Never heard of any of the approved suppliers that are listed, but as I just took advantage of the Auto Zone (not on the list...) 5 qts & 1 filter for $29.99 in store, screw rebates!

GTSnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah, I hate rebates. You have to go through 15 million hoops and hope that you dotted every i and crossed all you T's. It's all just a big scam. If they really wanted to give you the discount why don't they just lower the price??? :dunno:

Tom F&L GoR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Because the rebate price looks more attractive and they figure you will buy, then complain how much work it is to get the rebate, and not do it. Redemptions are usually 20%-25%. What does that say about the buyers? It seems slow because they batch them; collect for 1-4 weeks and then issue checks all at once. Some can now be tracked online so you know where you stand. I don't think it's a scam (especially a brand like Mobil) but it is an effective marketing tool, and it also gives the marketer a list of customers.

V

Venomiss

Wally World has the 5 Qt Mobil 1 OW-30 for $22 on sale.

They don't carry what we need (the OW-40) and we asked if they would order some.
That was a big no.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang