moderperformanceinc.com in NJ

Chris and Pam

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hi - has anyone out there deal with these guys is New Jersey. We ran into someone on the road yesterday who said that they just dropped their Viper off there for work. We live in NJ and I'm looking to surprise my husband (Chris) with the smooth tubes, filters, throttle bodies and exhaust that he's been wanting to get for our FE Viper. The only price that they have listed is a full upgrade package but 20K sounds like a lot for a ~500HP package that they have posted on their site. -or - I was just going to order the parts and have them installed at the dealer where we bought the car (Buhler Dodge) but I don't think I'll be able to hide the exhaust from him when it gets delivered. :p

Any thoughts would be greatly apprecitated. Thanks for all the great info so far.

Pam

Tom Welch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hello,

You can call Nick at ModernPerf. His number is:

732-222-3679

They have done installs for me in the past, and I had received no customer complaints. Nick seems easy to get along with and professional.

Good Luck,

Tom

FE 065

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Forget the throttle bodies.. they're generally considered to hurt performance on cars that aren't heavily modified.

RedSnakeGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
have the parts shipped to that shop. you dont even have to worry about them coming home, and tell him that you took the car in for an oil change.........

motor602

Enthusiast
Reaction score
20k for ~500hp?!?!? something definately isnt right about that, i'd double check that qoute, considering that much would probably net you at least 800 hp from some of our big league tuners. i dont know about throttle bodies, but filters, tubes, and exhaust should not cost more than 1200 ish

2001 Sapphire Blue

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Viper community bows to you for being such a great wife!!!! When it comes to the Viper....my wife just doesn't get it! :confused: Once again...I married the wrong girl. :D :D :D

V10 MOJO

Enthusiast
Reaction score
20K for what you mentioned is a ripoff. all that you mentioned isnt even a 5K job. plus the TBs will reduce your torque and noone wants that.

Joseph Houss

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Nick is a great guy, and I believe the website must need to be updated. He charges modestly for labor, and will help any way he can...

Additionally, Buhler can do those upgrades as well.

I agree with the above...

no need for throttle bodies at this point.

Moundir

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Pam skip the the throttle bodies and get some high flow cats intead, they are cheaper and more practical at this point of the game ;) If you really want to shock him, get some headers as well. All the above will still be less than 5k installed :) Btw does your husband read this forum, dont want to ruin the surprise now ;)

OP
OP
C

Chris and Pam

Viper Owner
Reaction score
20K for what you mentioned is a ripoff. all that you mentioned isnt even a 5K job. plus the TBs will reduce your torque and noone wants that.

Just to claify - the 20K was for a complete package of 15+ items not just intake and exhaust. I left Nick a message. Sorry I don't have a sister.
We did some mods to my Grand Prix GTP (exhaust, intake, pulley, thermostat) a few months ago and now the Viper is next. Its seems that the consensus is - no throttle bodies.

Thanks again!