Modifications

CarDude

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I wanted to mod my SRT.

I have looked throughout this website for information about things like the air filter mods. I have seen K&N, RSI, and Atros. But only the K&N is reasonably priced...and considering performance gains, I don't want to waste too much money on that mod. Has anyone had a bad experience with the K&N on their Viper. My SRT-10 truck references say they sometimes lose HP with the K&N replacement (not the drop-ins).

Also I am in Colorado and I want to find a place that can do exhaust work on the Viper...any recommendations?

Thanks

Dave T (BADVENM)

Enthusiast
Reaction score
CarDude, the Viper tech at John Elway Dodge (wadsworth and bowles or near abouts) has installed several superchargers and related items for the CO/UT members. I had him perform an oil change on my GTS about 2 years ago. From what I gathered from other members and my own experience he's a standup guy. I forget his name and hopefully he is still at this particular dealership. Hopefully other local members can give you his name.

OP
OP
C

CarDude

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sweet..Thanks Dave. I hear that Glenn at Southwest Dodge is the best around. I just wasn't thinking of him for mods. When will you be back in town?

zorroespanol

VCA Member - New England
VCA Member
Reaction score
KNN goes for $270 on e-bay, best bang for the buck.

do not waste your money on the "sealed box" intakes. There is NOT enough possitive pressure on that box to be worth the effort. You'd need a scoop raised a few inches for it to be effective.

OP
OP
C

CarDude

Enthusiast
Reaction score
KNN goes for $270 on e-bay, best bang for the buck.

do not waste your money on the "sealed box" intakes. There is NOT enough possitive pressure on that box to be worth the effort. You'd need a scoop raised a few inches for it to be effective.

Does everyone else feel the same way?

Andrew/USPWR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm keeping the stock filters. It's not worth cleaning the K&N and risking getting dirt in you engines for another 10HP on top of the 510HP. IMO

I bought 2 set for my GTS to alternated between cleanings, but I never really trusted the "air hose cleaning job".

2005 Silver SRT/10
2000 Steel Gray GTS (sold)