Modified SRT-10 Gawk Factor (Predictions)

Daffy Duck Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
WITH WING
57srtsidebad-med.JPG

WITHOUT WING
57srtpix-med.JPG

[edited]
Okay, so there has been significant input on what the SRT-10 "gawk factor" is in its non-modified incarnation.

Now, having seen what one aftermarket company (Autoform) can transform the SRT-10 into, what do you (any of you) predict the "gawk factor" will be when the public begin to see Autoform-modified SRT-10 Vipers driving around?

My predictions:
1. Notable increase in gawking; more than the non-modified SRT-10 Viper.
2. More people not recognizing it as a Viper, and having to ask or be told it is an SRT-10 Viper.

You must be registered for see images

motor602

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i definately like that wing, very reminiscent of the GTSR concept, however that fascia is kind of weird, mainly just the flares on the sides, the lines aren't smooth in my opinion. Other than that, these mods will definately increase the gawk factor. However, these are mods, and once you mod a car, they are no longer gawking at the SRT-10, rather, your particular SRT. If these mods were standard equip on all SRT's that would be a different story. just my opinion.

OP
OP
D

Daffy Duck Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
However, these are mods, and once you mod a car, they are no longer gawking at the SRT-10, rather, your particular SRT. If these mods were standard equip on all SRT's that would be a different story. just my opinion.

Yes, well that's true, but that's why I named this thread "Modified SRT-10..." and specifically, because the Autoform kit is such a grand-modifying and dramatic kit. Not like just putting a wing on the back. Ya know? Few, if any other kits, will probably be as dramatic as Autoform's kit. It entirely transforms the Viper.

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why not just get a Comp Coupe nose and throw that on there? It just seems to flow with the car a little bit better...

Chris

OP
OP
D

Daffy Duck Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why not just get a Comp Coupe nose and throw that on there? It just seems to flow with the car a little bit better...
Chris

That's a great idea. But can Joe Anybody purchase one? And will it fit on the SRT-10? I wonder how much it costs. Anybody know?

SylvanSRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
the CC nose is a stock nose w/ a piece added to the facia and the lower splitter, these pieces might be able to be puchased from PVO. Dont know why they wouldnt sell to anyone.

OP
OP
D

Daffy Duck Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
the CC nose is a stock nose w/ a piece added to the facia and the lower splitter, these pieces might be able to be puchased from PVO. Dont know why they wouldnt sell to anyone.

Well now, this is sounding quite promising.

Guyver1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What I'm wondering is if someone is going to turn their SRT into a Coupe and ditch the convetible top.

As much as I love the SRT-10's looks, the Comp Coupe still seems to be the badass of the Viper lineup.

SylvanSRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The road and track article w/ the CC and the SRT states that the nose a stock piece w/ an added lower section(air dam) and a splitter added on. the hood is prob. not the same, and their are clips to hold the hood on.

Torquemonster

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Whether CC or this aero kit - both look fantastic!

The front air dam should be blended back into the body - don't like the straight edge angle and bolt on look.... but the overall effect is great... with or without wing.

I prefer the GTS-R type wing - but would angle support struts to slope back - adding length to the side profile and balancing the rear slope of the car rear.... that was my only criticism of the big wings on the older models - they sat on vertical supports and made them look like they had a cut off bum.

For Gen 1 and 2 with wing - angle those supports back and it transforms the look... but maybe not as effective on airflow tho as moved slightly back from rear screen? (diff in downforce not important for street anyway)

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looked at a Comp Coupe this morning. The front air dam and side deflector is an attached piece. Looks like it is riveted to a factory SRT fascia. It includes notched out areas for the hood latches, which would have to be eliminated on the SRT. I would think someone could tool up something similar that would use existing fastener locations for attachment. Not sure how good the interface would look but that is the way the comp coupe does it.

I really think a comp coupe hood would look great on an SRT, especially if hinged like the Gen I/II. For those that have not seen one the comp coupe hood is like the hood and upper fenders from the SRT, all in 1 smooth piece.

Toby

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think that car looks horrid. I would be embarrassed to drive it. The only people who would like that is teenager rice.

This is what the front end should look like...

I did this a long time ago with photoshop...

stock image...

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang