Mopar Computer Humm!!!!

BlackACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Have the Mopar computer installed in the 00ACR. Seems to pull better above 4500 RPMS. Also, the cooling fan seems to come on earlier. Any one have experience with the computer on a stock car???? Any gains??? Will change avatar and screen name soon.

SEASNAKE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was wondering if the performance CPU also did away with all the check engine lights for headers/exhaust mods for 00 & 01 cars.

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
The MoPar ECU (now discontinued and for all practical purposes unobtanium vaporware) was never designed to "make" hp. The newest parts manual says in effect: 'requires roller rockers, headers, cat back, hoses/flters to make up to 50hp' Hee hee !!

It allows the HP that those 5 other mods make work more efficiently. It eliminates about 75+ pages of programming, including emissions related "engine light" stuff. Yes, it will stop CK lites on improperly made/installed 2000-2002 headers.
You see, it is not technically street legal. Because of emissions.

And it RAISES redline about 300 RPM.......

SoCal Rebell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
With my mods listed below I put in a Mopar computer and LOST 15 RWHP & 25 RWTQ, as well as a lower idle and other mildly annoying things. Needlss to say my stock ECU is back on.

nutsRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My car is identical to Socal's. and I dyno'd my car with and without the performance ECU. With the stock ECU I had 1 less HP and lost 15 lbs of torque(similar day temp etc and same dyno) plus a check engine light. I reinstalled my performance ECU. The car idles a bit lower 650 RPM vice 800 and no CEL.

OP
OP
B

BlackACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That's very interesting two different reactions to the ECU. My car feels stronger with the Mopar ECU. Wont really know till it is dynod.