Mopar GTS-R race intake manifold

REDSLED

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You also need the full Motec Engine Management system to run the intake. They usually are bought for spares on the GTSR cars that mostly run in Europe. Only 1 GTSR car runs in the American Le Mans Series. 1 GTSR also runs in the Viper Days Challenge Series as well. :)

tommygun

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You also will have to install an additional vacuum pump to operate the power brakes and other vacuum operated components as there are no provisions for these accesories on the manifold. That is, if you plan on driving it on the street.

OP
OP
D

DynoDaddy

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Will the AEM aftermarket c omputer system be able to control a car with this intake on it? Vacuum is easy to fix.

Russ M

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Will the AEM aftermarket c omputer system be able to control a car with this intake on it? Vacuum is easy to fix.

Yes no problem.

But what I heard about this intake before was that torque is severly decreased with it on.

OP
OP
D

DynoDaddy

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I would expect nothing less than a severe loss in toque. Runner length has been virtually eliminated.

rac156

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would expect nothing less than a severe loss in toque. Runner length has been virtually eliminated.

I have heard that runner length has a huge impact on torque but I've never understood why. Would someone explain why it has such an impact?

OP
OP
D

DynoDaddy

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I will explain the best I can.
The longer the runner length the more velocity the air charge has comming into the cumbustion chamber. This higher velocity creates a swirl effect which better mixes the fuel with the gasoline.

Furthermore, once the intake valve closes there is an area of high pressure behind the valve. This pressure bounces back through the manifold off the bottom of the plenum and back up the runner. IF the runner is long enough this area of high pressure returning to the back of the valve will occur right when the intake vavle is opening again. This crams that much more air into the C.Chamber creating a kind of turbocharging effect. This only occurs at lower rpm, and with a long enough runner.

Dyno Dave

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've worked with this setup and it has no driveability. If you look at the amount of throttle cross-sectional area that is exposed with even the most delicate push of the accelerator pedal you will see that there is a huge change in area. This results in very abrupt power delivery and it's very difficult to modulate. There is also a lot of tuning difficulty because of the way the throttles are daisy-chained together. The aluminum linkage rods expand due to the heat of the engine as it warms up and throws off the closed set point of the throttle bodies.

This system was run on a production JTEC pcm with custom software on the SEMA "Carbon" car.

FE 065

Enthusiast
Reaction score
2.25" butterflies ??! Holy smokes, that's almost like sticking a throttle body on each port!

OP
OP
D

DynoDaddy

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Finally a clear cut anwser. Thanks Dyno Dave.

What are some of the other intake options for a Gen 2 Viper? I know porting and extrude honing a stock intake would help. Are there any other aftermarket intakes available?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hdelga113