Mopar Performance ECU Part # P5007017

viperchick12

Viper Owner
Reaction score
My father owns a Dodge dealership and we are in the process of changing over the Service Department...

As I was cleaning up the Parts Department I came across (8) Brand New Mopar Performance ECU's - Part # P5007017 and according to the 99 Mopar Parts book this ECU is for 97-99 RT/10 & 96-99 GTS

The list price is $520, but we are trying to clean up and make room for new parts so if anyone wants one I will let them go for 25% below cost.
($390 each + $10 shipping)

Melia Davis
93 RT/10 Roe Supercharged, 591 rwhp / 645 ft.lb. torque
[email protected]
www.mitchellcountychrysler.com I can reached at the dealership from 5-6 pm

MAVPR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have not heard much about these, what kind of gain is there from having 1?

D

DAMN YANKEE

Melia,

That would be 25% below list price..not cost.

If you really would take 25% below cost, I would be interested.

OP
OP
V

viperchick12

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I realized the typo after I had hit the submit button...

I still think $400 is a fair price considering most Viper stuff is increasing in price...

D

DAMN YANKEE

Understood....I stand ready to provide you with the opportunity to be....even fairer than thou are now!

Shall we all not sing the praises of your fairness from the top of Mount Vipernicus?
Nay, we shall not sing, but rather we shall all beat the drums and command the clouds themselves to witness your fairness as if a new sunset upon the distant horizon!

And, in doing so, that space upon your shelf will, with time, be able to provide that which you and your kind father strive to seek...a more bright and new product! Fairness! Yes, that is what we need, but more so!

Last edited by a moderator:

OKViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I dyno'ed before and after (back-to-back) with this Mopar ECU vs. stock ECU. My car is a 99 GTS with full exhaust, 1.7 RR's, intake.

I LOST power (12HP) with the "performance" vs. stock and the entire powerband was worse.

There is NO gain with this ECU!

OKViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
They help a modded car more than a stock Viper.

My car isn't "stock". I have Hennessey 5into1, high-flow RT cats out through Borla, 1.7 RR's, smooth tubes, 65mmTB. This combo LOST power with the Mopar PCM.

If your car is modded past this basic list, I would think one would go towards a VEC unit with a tune versus a Mopar ECM. That would make sense.

Otherwise, this is $400 out the window. My $.02.

Joseph Dell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i dynod with stock PCM vs, Mopar PCM on a supercharged 99 RT. both were within 1hp of each other.

the mopar ECU is good to help pass emissions... that's about it.

drop the price to $350 and they'll all be gone in a flash!

OP
OP
V

viperchick12

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Okay guys... I'm feeling good today...

$350 + $5 insured shipping via USPS Priority (2-3 days)

CROM

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I'd be somewhat insterested if anyone can actually explain what this unit does (besides deleted skip shift, and apparently rear 02 code) and prove that it actually increased performance. I've read more negatives than positive on this unit over the past couple years. If it provided a more agressive timing/fuel map for those of us with access to 93, then I could see the benefit.

I do realize that this unit is meant for RRs, Full Exhaust.

Any chance I could "return" this if I was not satisfied ;-)

Last edited:
OP
OP
V

viperchick12

Viper Owner
Reaction score
All of the ECU's have been sold...

The only other parts that I would consider selling right now are aftermarket...

Roe Racing **** Injection Kit... has been taken out of original packaging, but never installed or used... MAKE AN OFFER

Set of 97 GTS Black Seats... good condition... MAKE AN OFFER

[email protected]

Big E

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If I "recall" correctly, I believe the eary ECUs had a few minor issues. For one as JD mentioned, only a 1hp gain but it helped pass emmisions. My dealer replaced mine free of charge with a "updated" ECU with the same part number. Shortly after that the p5007017 went away the p5007313wa came out.

Last edited:
D

DAMN YANKEE

This ECU was specially flashed to support the Viper GTS-R block ( 650- or 750-horsepower engines available as an option) and supports first and foremost larger valves, injectors, full race exhaust, etc. Got this from the Wiz.

AviP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This ECU was specially flashed to support the Viper GTS-R block ( 650- or 750-horsepower engines available as an option) and supports first and foremost larger valves, injectors, full race exhaust, etc. Got this from the Wiz.
So in effect, it's useless for a regular GTS/RT.

It probably has some collectible value. Let's say $25 for the 1998 LeMans winning GTS-R replica ECU. :D