Mopar race exhaust

MoparMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've got the full Mopar Race Exhaust on my '06 coupe with no cats and o2 sims. Don't know anything about any cat-back as the race exhaust is a complete system.

johnk

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I believe that's silversrt's question, how do you like the entire system?

Really appreciate your help.

MoparMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Like it. Not quite as much HP gain as I expected, but the car sounds meaner (not too loud), the sills are alot cooler and the cabin stays cooler as well.

kennyhemi

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just bought the MOPO race system #P4510176 where do you get these "SIMS" to bypass the oh2 sensor?

Viper X

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
One of our guys has one too.

Way too loud for my taste.

jessewallace

Viper Owner
Reaction score
the mopar setup IS LOUD. sounds real mean & very wicked. i just had the mopar race midpipe & exhaust. stock headers. some drone. it would aggrevate me (the drone) on long trips. my 05 was a daily driver & while i loved the setup @ first, the 1500 or so miles that i put on it every month started to make me appreciate the corsa setup that i previously had. the corsa had a slightly more aggresive note than stock, but not nearly as throaty as the mopar. however, the corsa was sooo much easier to live with.

i bought the mopar race computer to deal w/the o2 sensor issue. but then my AC would sporadically turn off. i guess the reasoning there is that race cars don't have AC?!?

bottom line, in my opinion, the mopar is bad a$$ sounding, but very loud. i don't suggest it to be placed on a car that is destined to be a daily driver. my passengers would often complain about the noise lvl. hard to hold a conversation. i'm sure some won't mind how loud it is, but i'd imagine it would bother most. hell, i know it would bother most. a 2 - 3 hundred mile trip w/those cans can't be good for your hearing.

however, if your car is just a weekend toy & you want it to sound loud & angry, then put em on.

Vipermann

Viper Owner
Reaction score
If you want the Mopar Race system because it's 3" (and as an alternative to the higher-pitched Corsa), you can get the 3" Random-Tech high-flow cat with elbow pipes (from John B) and discard the open pipe elbows that come with the Race system. I did this after trying B&B and Corsa and found it to be the best of all worlds. You'll need to trim off about 4" of pipe from the R-T elbow set up, but then it slides together perfectly like it was a meant to be a system.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
potterb4