Mopar SRT10 Viper Race Exhaust (catless)?

viperbilliam

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Has anyone installed this system on an otherwise stock SRT10 Viper? Does it accept the O2 sensors in the stock locations? Mopar sells this so I was wondering about the install and the sound. I hate to mess with the cats but the heat without having to turn on the A/C is getting to me. I prefer to stick with the stock tips (I'm not interested in the shiny, rolled edges) and I don't want a raspier sound which I suspect the Corsas do.

MoparMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bill, I just had this system put on my SRT-10 coupe - in fact we just got it back today. The car sounds alot better (although not quite as mean as my GTS), runs cooler and the sills don't get as hot. It's also got more punch. I believe they welded in o2 bungs for the sims. The tips on my exhaust are not rolled, but they are silver as opposed to the stock tips which are shot black. If you've got any questions for me, let me know.

Fast Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I love my mopar race exhaust, but now its not loud enough, maybe i've become deaf? Anyway The tips are disgustingly ugly, I recommend you spray 1200 degree paint around the tips, so the ugly bronze color doesn't stand out. As for the O2 sensors, I remember ILLSMOQ and MikeR talking about just exposing them to fresh air, and the CEL wont show up, so I just got some zip ties, and put the O2s away. So far 4-5k miles and no CEL! =D

Last edited:

05Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have the mopar race exhaust, cam and controller. The exhaust came with the capability to hook up the up and down stream O2 sensors. We did run into a problem after the install with blowing a fuse. Evidently the downstream O2 sensors and the reverse lock out are on the same circuit. Since I put in the race computer and it does not look at the downstream O2 sensors at all, we disconnected them and have no problems.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang