More new Viper Coupe Pics

SnakeBitten

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the read...Looks like the fixed roof is going to be heavier than the convertable??Its usually the other way around....Oh boy...So 3395 lbs and 500hp vs 3130 lbs and 500hp....Still dont like the looks down to the rims...I guess it will grow on me like the SRT10 did...

GARY J

Enthusiast
Reaction score
"So 3395 lbs and 500hp vs 3130 lbs and 500hp...."

Could be bad news.

TacDoc

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sad to say but the new coupe makes no sense for track rats. Compared to the new Z06 it is heavier, more costly, and most likely offers less performance capability unless modded. Any counterpoints are welcome.

SnakeBitten

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sad to say but the new coupe makes no sense for track rats. Compared to the new Z06 it is heavier, more costly, and most likely offers less performance capability unless modded. Any counterpoints are welcome.

At the moment, given what we "know", there are non that I can think of in favor of the Viper. It seem the student has become the teacher so to speak...I still have a gut feeling that DC has something up there sleaves...Just cant believe thay will let this modern American Icon fade away without a fight...If things stay as we see it, there is no reason to buy a "NEW" Viper with a Vette like this coming...It represents what the GTS was when it first came out...Its no surprise as the guy responsible for the Viper is running things over there...I really wonder what Lutz is thinking as he stands back and see the direction his baby has taken...

Sometimes I wonder why we complain about a 500hp coupe/vert...But the Viper has spoiled its owners/enthusiasts and we expect nothing less that world beating performance and outrageous looks...Hey its not our fault..They spoiled us with the Gen I/II's...

FLOORIN04

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If those of you dislike it so much it means cheaper prices for those of us that do like it.And better resale values for you all.The way I see it a win win situation

Craig 201 MPH

Enthusiast
Reaction score
is it any surprise that the vette girls like it? Wow the SRT crowd is in good company, pehaps you guys can arrange a nice cruise to bowling green complete with a nice quiet picnic with the Vette club.

DBK1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
is it any surprise that the vette girls like it? Wow the SRT crowd is in good company, pehaps you guys can arrange a nice cruise to bowling green complete with a nice quiet picnic with the Vette club.

I'm already working on this. It's gonna be an amazing merging of the worlds. There will be sandwiches and kool aid for all. And best of all, you can ride your tricycle and make pictures on your etch-a-sketch of one of the cars you can have when you're all growed up. :p

FLOORIN04

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Quote:
Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm already working on this. It's gonna be an amazing merging of the worlds. There will be sandwiches and kool aid for all. And best of all, you can ride your tricycle and make pictures on your etch-a-sketch of one of the cars you can have when you're all growed up.

--------------------
2002 Electron Blue Z06 422ci

-------------------------------------------
lol
:D

OP
OP
H

Hirohawa

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I'm already working on this. It's gonna be an amazing merging of the worlds. There will be sandwiches and kool aid for all. And best of all, you can ride your tricycle and make pictures on your etch-a-sketch of one of the cars you can have when you're all growed up. :p

Awesome! Can you make finger sandwiches so my manicure doesn't get ruined and can we have it in Toronto so Craig101 can make it? Cool aid makes me giggle like the little girl I am.

I do not know what crowd Craig would be in since he doesn't have either a Viper or Corvette - maybe he would be in one of those irritating crowd of Canadians that always wave around their flag when they are traveling aboot.

Steve

TacDoc

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jamie, I dont think the Viper will lose its street appeal. You cant use 450hp on the street let alone 500hp. I think the new coupe is much better looking than the Z06, but looks wont help on the track. The SRT-10 in my opinion is the best looking and performing vert. When it comes time to re-evaling my track ride I will not stop at skin deep. As much as I love my GTS and what I have done to it I will want the bigger gun at the gunfight.

WickedV

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It might be the camera angle , but does the new car have GEN2 stripes?
From the back they really don't look as wide as the ones that were on the VOI8 Coupe.
Also, when you compare the driver side door with the passenger side door, I noticed something strange.
The body sew on the passenger side is a fluent line.
On the driver side, the sew seems to be broken.

MoparMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It might be the camera angle , but does the new car have GEN2 stripes?
From the back they really don't look as wide as the ones that were on the VOI8 Coupe.
Also, when you compare the driver side door with the passenger side door, I noticed something strange.
The body sew on the passenger side is a fluent line.
On the driver side, the sew seems to be broken.

Yes, it appears that the stripes on the car in the magazine photos are different than the stripes on the VOI.8 car lending credence to the assumption that the magazine car is, in fact, the version they intend to debut in L.A. on 1/5.

YouWish

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jamie, I dont think the Viper will lose its street appeal. You cant use 450hp on the street let alone 500hp. I think the new coupe is much better looking than the Z06, but looks wont help on the track. The SRT-10 in my opinion is the best looking and performing vert. When it comes time to re-evaling my track ride I will not stop at skin deep. As much as I love my GTS and what I have done to it I will want the bigger gun at the gunfight.
Change gears get a k/n and smooth tubes and you will be just as fast and look alot better. Don't for 1 second think of buying the new coupe for a whimpy 50hp upgrade. For the loss of money you would take in the trade you could have a 700-800 hp snake. Just my 2 cents...

SRTJOE

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Awesome! Can you make finger sandwiches so my manicure doesn't get ruined and can we have it in Toronto so Craig101 can make it? Cool aid makes me giggle like the little girl I am.

I do not know what crowd Craig would be in since he doesn't have either a Viper or Corvette - maybe he would be in one of those irritating crowd of Canadians that always wave around their flag when they are traveling aboot.

Steve

I think he has a blow-up Viper to go with his blow-up boyfriend and
when he want's a ride he just blows :2tu:

OP
OP
H

Hirohawa

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Honestly, I like the Viper Coupe more than the new Z06 and the SRT 10. But seeing them both in Person on Monday at LA show may change my mind.

My next car will be either the new Coupe )provided that there is a HP increase) or a 2001-2002 GTS. I will probably keep my 2002 Z06 as my daily driver and throw in the 427 LS7 when the engine gets tired.

To me the new Coupe is way more Viper than the SRT 10 convertible. The biggest problem I have with the current SRT 10 is the high/tall backend with those huge Sebring-esque tailights.

SilverSnake

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hirohawa, Take lots of pic's and PLEASE post them. I ordered my coupe last week and can't wait to see the final product.

Robert

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Actually , the funny thing I have noticed over the past 6 years, is that many of the trade ins we get have been Vettes, so how many of you out there are converts from way back? Sounds like from the Vette forums we are ready for another wave of repenting, and we may be getting in a new throng of believers.
Maybe we are expecting too much, but the consensus from the calls coming in is that the new Coupe is tons better looking than the new Vette. Heh, who am I too argue, I am ready to help any Bowtie Boys into the baptism of Torque. Post the pictures from the show, and post alot!! :2tu:

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bill said...

"I am ready to help any Bowtie Boys into the baptism of Torque"

I think you put should put that statement into your signature to warn fellow converts like me. I mean, once that first call is made.....What...4.. cars in 3 years...I lose count..Thanks much for the heads up on SRT8 orders..glad I'm in.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang