More rumors about Chryslers future

Jay Herbert

Enthusiast
Reaction score
November 17, 2000
Partial Sell-Off of Chrysler Reported Under Discussion
By EDMUND L. ANDREWS, KEITH BRADSHER AND ANDREW ROSS SORKIN

DaimlerChrysler slumping stock price and the increasingly gloomy profit outlook at its Chrysler subsidiary have prompted several board members to begin discussing privately the possibility of selling off at least part of Chrysler, according to executives close to the company.

:-(

http://www.nytimes.com/2000/11/17/business/17AUTO.html

Paul Fischer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Selling the company to the management in charge at the time of the Daimler takeover would be fine by me. Tell me it wouldn't be an investment banker's dream to get Lutz, Gale and Holden, among others back together again to build the most original and inspiring cars ever to come out of Detroit. Now that the price is down, it's time to put it in the hands of folks that are passionate about the Dodge vision. I bet the unions might throw a little cash in the kitty for a piece of the action.

Wing King

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Note today's news. Three more top Chrysler execs quit today, effective immediately. One of them was the "incentives" guy, and who knows, that one might be a firing. Another one had just come to DC two months ago. It's going to be a very uneasy holiday season around DC headquarters.
You must be registered for see images

Roland L-Ocala FL

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just goes to prove that "Bigger isn't always better" doesn't it? What a shame, Chrysler was really getting things together, and then this "merger" came along. If anything happens to the Viper, I think you will see a mass exodus back to the "Brand X" American sports car, and Chrysler (Dodge), will have lost one of the greatest advantages it ever had for advertising the Dodge name. Look at all the "car guys" as Jon B put it, that have jumped ship since the takeover. It would be nice to see them come back and snap up a piece of Chrysler, if it does indeed go up for sale. Wonder if the Viper would go along with it?
You must be registered for see images

Steve Ferguson

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It is pretty safe to say that the Viper program is on schedule, and that the current changes at the top will have no affect on that.

As for Kathleen Oswald, she was hand picked by Jim Holden. I belive she was in charge of personnel in some capacity.

We need to keep our chins up and play with the cards we have been dealt. Don't worry too much, actions are being put into play as we speak.

Y2K10 SRT#39

Enthusiast
Reaction score
One of the WA members was at CAAP last week. He tried but could not see the new gen III car, although he was told it is finished and there was one in the building.
At our club meeting, our sponsor dealer said there would be NO impact to the NASCAR program, due to so much dealer participation.

Hans Christian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks Steve,

That was at least some comforting words. As the krauts now will be cutting cost into the bone and presumeably only wanting that programs are profitable - what do you think is going to happen with the price of the 2003 - are we going past a 100,000 or would they keep around the ACR's price ??

Hans Christian

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrengine